lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
kingstretch
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Precedent Front Suspension Squeaking

New to the forum and relatively new to carts. Bought a used 2009 late last year mostly in good shape. The only thing I want to "fix" is the awful squeak that comes from the front suspension. I've coated everything in white lithium grease but that made little to no difference. So I'm figuring the next step is replacing bushings. Was looking at the kits from buggies unlimited (assuming I probably can't post a link here).

They have one that's a "repair kit" that seems to be everything I would need but they also have a "deluxe repair kit" which is probably a full blown replacement.

This is a strictly street cart for riding around town - not looking to lift it if possible so I can keep a lower center of gravity. Have stock wheels and tires for now but will probably swap them out with something more low profile in the future. Would LOVE to soften up the suspension a bit while I'm doing this, so my questions are:
  1. Regular repair kit or deluxe (or something different?)
  2. Anything I should do to the rear while I'm under there?

Appreciate any help if you can point me in the right direction!
kingstretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2021, 02:35 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Precedent Front Suspension Squeaking

Depending on whether the price difference is not too extreme, go with the premium ones. If price varies widely, go with the regular ones, especially for routine street use. Either/or will do a good job for you.

As far as the rear, I recommend replacing the rear bushings also. They all tend to dry out and wear at the same rate.

This should greatly improve your ride and squeak issue. Also, check with David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars, BGW sponsor and all around Club Car guru. He sells the bushings individually and can put a custom package together for you so you'll get the right stuff, at the best quality.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:21 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Before you start ordering parts, spray a little shot of blaster or some type of penetrating oil on to small specific area's (usually pivot points) to determine where the squeak is.
Do a spot, test it, do another, test it, maybe a loose bolt?
You might be surprised that you can fix it once you find it.

If you find nothing, check your mounting bolts and screws for the body parts to the frame.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:57 PM   #4
kingstretch
Not Yet Wild

Tom47 - The part differences doesn't seem to be quality as much as quantity. There look to be more parts included in the deluxe kit, but I'm not sure if I really need them all or if the bushings would be fine. Maybe checking with David Hicks as you suggest might get me on the right path. Appreciate that recommendation.

crash12888 Good point. I think I've got some PB around here - let me try and do a little testing to see what I find. Even if I can solve the squeak I'd still love to get a touch softer suspension but that desire might fade some if I don't have to hear the squeak.
kingstretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car