lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2021, 02:12 AM   #1
mlj427
Gone Wild

Default 2006 ST clays car

I have a 2006 ST with a 350 engine it was leaking gas from around the float bowl pulled i think, took it off the gasket at the top of the bowl looks ok the copper washer on the nut at the bottom is there. Not leaking from the vent tube. So I had a China carb for it and when I put it on it runs poorly and backfires low power. So what on my original carb can cause the leak? Going to try and find the gasket and nut seal anything else to look at? I thought if it was the float it would leak out of the vent tube am I wrong about that ?

Cart only has 37 hours on it.
Thanks for any assistance
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 ST clays car

I've had the bowl gasket/o ring leak due to age. As the rubber gets old it gets hard and non-pliable. It could be in good shape just hardened and it could leak. A new gasket should be minimal cost.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:49 PM   #3
mlj427
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2006 ST clays car

Thanks Slonomo I need to go to a local cart place and see if they stock the gaskets.

Any other things to look for causing the leak?
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO