lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2021, 07:07 PM   #1
mike_dmt
Gone Wild

Default 2005 TXT shaky roof question

My project is wrapping up, but I had a quick question about the roof.

I added a pretty lightweight roof basket, so naturally if the road or terrain is rough, the roof shakes like you think it would with the added weight up there.

I've double checked fasteners to make sure they're all tight.

Has anyone seen or heard of a kit or a way to stiffen the roof at all? I could fab something, but looking to save the time and headache.

Thanks!
mike_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2021, 07:24 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 2005 TXT shaky roof question

Not sure of any kits available, Keep in mind these are golf carts and Ezgo uses 1" square tubing for roof supports.
That being said, you could get some 1" tubing and ad an "X" brace across the back and maybe a couple from the end of the bag holder up to the top.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:04 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

In my experiences the ezgo roofs are pretty stout and stable. How much weight are you putting up there with the basket?

By chance have you had the front cowl removed? If not it might be worth looking at those braces on the sides, where the roof mounts. They have a tendency to rust near the bottom where it curves towards the floor part of the frame. You’d probably never notice it unless the body is removed. I’m not even completely sure if you can see it unless the body is removed. That area tends to get packed with mud and fill in, leading to the rust. If that was rusted out then it could certainly lead to a shaky roof.

It’s an easy fix with a little scrap steel and a welder. You don’t even have to be a particularly good welder since it will never see the light of day...
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:26 PM   #5
mike_dmt
Gone Wild

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!

The heavy duty cage style from the workhorse is impressive to say the least. I do use my carts for golf, so I still need the bag holder and stuff.

The roof basket weighs 15-20# if I had to guess, I haven't weighed it. When theres stuff in it, itll probably just be towels and a cooler for the lake, or my wifes paddle board, which is about 30#. So I'd guess the most weight it would see, including the roof basket, is around 50#.

I did have the body and cowl off for paint, just a week ago. I was fortunate enough to start wit ha pretty mint cart, so there isnt any rust to speak of.
mike_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO