lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #21
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Lithium Ion Upgrade input

Yea, you probably should get more amps.....just to be sure.,, and because you can!! The ole saying "Some is good, more is better.....and too much is just enough!" applies here.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2021, 11:52 AM   #22
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Yea, you probably should get more amps.....just to be sure.,, and because you can!! The ole saying "Some is good, more is better.....and too much is just enough!" applies here.
More is always better.....except when it comes to bikini's.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:04 PM   #23
brunson67
Getting Wild

Ha DaveTM, so true!
brunson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:20 PM   #24
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Well, did you pull the trigger brunson?

My in-laws lived in Canyon Lake for years, San Joaquin Dr, while my wife and I lived closer to the beach at the end of the 55. It’s a great community with loads of amenities and plenty of hills. Make sure you duck when you take the boat through the tunnel. The lithium setup will be great for providing you with a much more consistent voltage for all the topography.

I’ve also spoken with the guys at Extreme Team and had a great conversations. Based on their feedback I think you’d likely get all the range you need out of a 150ah pack. I’m living in GA now and am deciding between the 100ah & the 150ah. Leaning towards the 100 based on conversation with the owners who both run 100ah packs on their 4 pax carts and mostly flat ground and we’re getting 40+ miles.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:50 PM   #25
rmvman
Not Yet Wild

I installed Relion drop in Lithium batteries in my 2004 Club Car DS. 3 x 30 amphours for a total of 90 amphours of charge. It also came with an approved charger. I lost 250+ pounds of lead acid batteries. It has instant torque without any battery fade. I recommend installing a work hour meter to keep up with the batteries level of charge. I love my setup.
rmvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #26
cnaught
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunson67 View Post
You can see the picture of my cart in the intro, stretched, 6 seater, running 25" tires, stock gears, 5.5 HP motor, 700 AMP controller, #2 welding cable for all battery cablers, which were crimped using a hydraulic crimper and shrink wrapped afterwards, OBC stud, 1000 Solenoid from Scotty B my own 4 wheel disc brake kit using honda civic rear rotors for both front and rear of cart, Club Car Carryall Calipers, Wilwood Master Cylinder, steel braided brakes lines throughout, and I swapped out the Club Car pads for Wilwood standard pads, the metallic were tearing up the rotors.!
What lift kit do you have on your cart?
cnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car