lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2021, 09:16 AM   #1
C&L golfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy G16 not running smoothly/surging at top end

So I recently just got a 97 Yamaha g16 (gas of course) I honestly don’t know much about it’s previous owner besides a little shady work here and there. My issue is I have went through a couple starters and solenoids which I believe that to be they were off brand and cheap so I ordered new solenoid from buggies and a new starter as well. So when driving cart and it gets up to wot it cuts out and loses power then once it slows down a bit it will go back up almost like it’s surging.. it does have a new carburetor, fuel lines, fuel filter along with air filter and plug. I have searched all over and cannot find an answer to fix this.
C&L golfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2021, 12:05 PM   #2
C&L golfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 not running smoothly/surging at top end

Is there by chance a rev limiter or something that would cause it to get to top speed then cut out?
C&L golfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:40 PM   #3
Rewinder
Not Yet Wild

rev limiter or Governor as it is called. Look in the stickys for a solution to fix or override it.
Rewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:33 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

if it happens at 12-19 mph then it's probably the governor. It's located on top of the transaxle. The throttle pedal cable runs back to the governor lever, then another cable runs to the carb. The governor lever is connected to a device inside the transaxle that resists movement of that lever based on ground speed. It can be adjusted up or down by tightening or loosening the bolt that runs through the spring. Every cart is a little different, but the basic idea is the same on all gas carts. The factory usually sets the governor to between 12-15 mph.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha