lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2021, 04:18 PM   #1
Repiks
Not Yet Wild

Default Brake failure on Star 6 seater - Help retrofitting

Hey folks, my neighbor has a Star limo cart that the brakes went out on. It’s currently only using regen from the AC system that was installed, but no mechanical braking from the brake pedal.

It uses a hydraulic system. What complete drum assembly can we purchase to drop in to replace the current? I’ve heard yamaha’s use a similar setup but just wanted the confirmation from the experts on here. We also discussed doing a disc brake conversion if there’s a system that would bolt up, if anyone knows of any.

Thanks folks

—EDIT: I should add that we took the drivers side rear drum apart and fluid is everywhere. The brakes worked at some point, but the cart came from FL like this and will need to be rebuilt.
Repiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2021, 04:58 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Brake failure on Star 6 seater - Help retrofitting

I'm not familiar with the specifics of that system, but it sounds like you just need a wheel cylinder. Have you looked to see if there is fluid leaking at any of the other wheels?
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #3
anpgator
Getting Wild

Default Re: Brake failure on Star 6 seater - Help retrofitting

Poster above is correct. Replace the wheel cylinder in the drum (they can actually be repaired usually, however I would just replace it). Refill brake fluid and bleed the brakes and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay