lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2021, 03:30 PM   #21
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2013 G29 Drive Build

Second treatment came back the same: 120

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
mattrourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2021, 11:51 PM   #22
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Just spent a few hours reading through this forum about rings and compression etc. And found a post with the compression specs for the G22 - YDRA and the compression should be anywhere from 90s to 125 so I'd say I'm good.

I know at this point Im just talking out loud but maybe it will be useful to someone else down the line.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:16 PM   #23
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I bought a used clutch set (Primary and secondary) as a replacement for my G2 cart but was informed they were not a match and even though the primary would fit, it was too heavy for the motor in my G2 cart. Interested? PM if you are. They were pulled from a cart in Florida which was converted/upgraded to a Plowman's performance clutch set.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:11 PM   #24
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
I bought a used clutch set (Primary and secondary) as a replacement for my G2 cart but was informed they were not a match and even though the primary would fit, it was too heavy for the motor in my G2 cart. Interested? PM if you are. They were pulled from a cart in Florida which was converted/upgraded to a Plowman's performance clutch set.
I will keep that in mind as I dig a bit deeper into this.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:15 PM   #25
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Started stripping it down. I was a little worried about what I was getting with all the mud and grass caked on it. Turns out, it cleans up nicely. I will hopefully get the floor pan, tank, and engine pulled tomorrow to paint the frame. Lift kit as soon as the paint dries.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:07 PM   #26
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Stripped down the cart most of the way down to the frame today. Cleaned up everything, painted the frame and got it mostly back together.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:30 AM   #27
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Lift is in, wheels are on and Havoc body kit is installed. As well as the new dash, bumper, rockers and OEM floor mat.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:47 AM   #28
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Looking good buddy!
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:25 PM   #29
mattrourke
Getting Wild

Got it polished up today. Warning for anyone considering a Havoc body kit, it seems to scratch the clear coat really easily. I had to use swirl remover and polish the hell out of it and then I put two coats of ceramic coating on to try and protect it a bit. I'm thinking of having 3M clear or something similar put on it but people have also had problems with stickers peeling the clear coat when they took them off of a havoc body so I'm also worried about that if the 3M needed to be replaced (or even just during the install process). The other option is roll with it for now and then have it wrapped in gloss black if it gets too scuffed up.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:32 PM   #30
mattrourke
Getting Wild

I wasn't happy with the way I wired the switches on my last cart as there were so many wires running to the dash where the switches were. I found this setup from Auxbeam on Amazon and it has a fuse panel and one cable that runs forward to the button pad. Then when you push a button on the pad, it turns on the corresponding circuit on the fuse panel. It also has an all off and all on button in the center. Furthermore, the fuse panel has a remote signal wire that turns on the fuse panel when it receives power and turns the entire panel off when that wire loses power. I wired it to the ignition so that when the key is off, so are the accessories. Also comes with a pretty good selection of stickers to label the buttons appropriately.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha