lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2021, 01:41 PM   #31
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 DS IQ restoration

In an IQ cart with the original Controller, the negative to the speed sensor (black/White wire) comes from the Controller Pin #13.

That is just a plain negative connection and you cut that wire near the 16-pin connector pin#13 and connect it to B-.

You can also just run a new negative wire and splice it near the speed sensor 3-oin connector.

Just to be sure, the correct voltage tests are:
Pack Negative to Speed Sensor Red wire = 15v

Pack Positive to Speed Sensor black/white wire = Pack Voltage.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #32
sefrlw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
In an IQ cart with the original Controller, the negative to the speed sensor (black/White wire) comes from the Controller Pin #13.

That is just a plain negative connection and you cut that wire near the 16-pin connector pin#13 and connect it to B-.

You can also just run a new negative wire and splice it near the speed sensor 3-oin connector.

Just to be sure, the correct voltage tests are:
Pack Negative to Speed Sensor Red wire = 15v

Pack Positive to Speed Sensor black/white wire = Pack Voltage.
So yes I reread what I typed and I messed up typing ever so slightly. Sorry it was confusing.

Pack negative to speed sensor red wire and HAD 15V which is now gone

Pack positive to black and white speed sensor wire I had 0 and it is still 0

I did these tests in run key on and off.

With the 15v now gone I think the controller is not right...
sefrlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:48 PM   #33
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Hall effect speed sensor connects the green wire (has a pull-up resistor to +5v) to the black/white wire in order to drop the signal to 0v.

If the black/white wire is not providing negative, You could not have had the green wire going down to 0v.

Pull all the wires from the speed sensor 3-pin connector to make sure they are making connection.

Also inspect the Controller 16-pin connector, specially Pin #13 (black/white) , pin #14 (green) and pin #15 (red) to make sure they are making contact.

You may also want to test the power at the Controller 16-pin connector itself to verify if the Controller is bad.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:50 AM   #34
sefrlw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So it has been a while. I got frustrated with this thing and simply left it sit for the past 3 months. A while back I took it to a local dealer on a trailer just to have the codes read and the controller checked with the scan tool. It was quite revealing. Bunch of codes reset, one being a speed sensor code which was from when someone cut the green wire to the speed sensor. It was wired back, but with a wire nut. Redid that connection with a butt connector. Well that still didn't fix it. Currently regen limited to 14 MPH which also told me the peed sensor was actually working. Yes? One other thing the dealer did was tell me that the throttle was not showing 100% when it was pushed to the floor. That was a the ah hah moment. It could be the new MCOR I put in but I was skeptical on that. So I did some more searching and finally found the ZIP tie pedal "fix". The cart has returned to life it once had. Now she does 12-13 up hill and is much more responsive when flooring it.

The only question about the throttle I have now is, what part needs to be replaced to fix this without the zip tie? Is it the pedal group? The pivot Rod? The pedal itself? It appears that the part that is worn is simply a thin ramp on the passenger side of the part that the pedal slides against. I am thinking that the Zip tie is all I need but if it is cheap enough I would like to replace the worn part and maybe use a zip tie to keep it from wearing... For now the cart simply has a stash of zip ties in the glove box for repairs when out and about.

Is this thing worth it? https://gaminde.net/SPEED_CODE_5.php The dealer told me it had a code in it at some point but I have no code to reprogram. I have searched and it appears to be. I just want to do a sanity check on it.

I also purchased a Veego voltage reducer and am struggling on where to put it along with a fuse panel. I am thinking on the body under the forward and reverse rocker. Any better location you guys can advise on?

Thank you again for all the help, entertainment and chastising for searches.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #35
sefrlw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well OK Speed code 5 question withdrawn. I didn't realize it was what it was on this forum. My apologies.

Anything on the other two questions? Worn pedal part is called? Inverted install ideas?

Tags
charging issues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car