lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
Mikiet
Not Yet Wild

Default 89' parcar fuel, governor, oil injection throttle linkage pic

Does anyone have a picture of the cables for throttle, governor and oil injector, setup?
Also, does not run, has spark, has almost 90 lbs compression, new fuel diaphragm, it pumps gas from tank , out of fuel line to carb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20201114_124412_01.jpg (216.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20201114_123735_01.jpg (207.3 KB, 0 views)
Mikiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 89' parcar fuel, governor, oil injection throttle linkage pic

You most likely need to rebuild the carburetor. Find a rebuilding kit for it and carefully did-assemble it, taking photos of it with your cell phone or other camera to help you when it comes time to put it back together. Get some carburetor cleaner and let the body of the carb soak in it so it gets all of the gue and varnish out of the internal passages. If really dried out you may need to use a piece of wire strand like a plumber's snake in miniature to get the passage clean.

If the carb is over 10 years old, you should replace the plastic float, as well as the parts that come in the kit. The old floats do not float as well as the new float will, and one that doesn't float well will allow too much gas in the float bowl, making the engine run rich or gas to come out of the float bowl vent when the engine is running. A brittle accelerator pump diaphram will need replacing too, and one of these is frequently not part of the rebuilding kits. Look for part numbering and manufacturer information on the sides of the carburetor to help you find the correct rebuilding kit and other parts you may need. Write down every name and number that you see. Posting a few more photos showing both sides, top, and bottom may help us identify it too. Once identified, get yourself a copy of the parts list, and most importantly, the exploded parts diagram, as it and your photos will help you figure out how to put it back together.

Finding a maintenance manual for your engine will help with the governor, and other engine requirements, but not the carburetor. Many Chinese copies of small engine carburetors are showing up on Amazon that are very cheap compared to the OEM carburetors, but as with other Chinese products, their quality is frequently not there.
If you get a bad one, at least Amazon will exchange it, if you need the exchange within their time allotment. It took an exchange to get my chain saw carburetor replaced and working.

On my 1987 Cushman Truckster the fuel pump was unobtainium, so I replaced it with an electric fuel pump and plugged the engine opening where the original fuel pump had been with a DIY plate and gasket. Having good and constant fuel pressure made a huge difference in how well the engine ran. Something else to consider, after you have the carb issues straightened out.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:51 AM   #3
Mikiet
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, as I discovered it's not the linkage nor carburator,
I did remove and cleaned well with carb cleaner, it was pretty clean , nothing clogged, I am going to replace the reed plate assembly, that's what the conditions fit, buddy said was running good past years, this year started loosing power, stuttering, then popped ,then just quit, has spark, good compression, new diaphragm fuel pump, gas coming out of pump, but fuel not getting to plug,. Unless I spray starter fluid in hole then try , runs the 3 seconds die, dry plug, no fuel! Reeds
Old 11-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #4
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

What is your compression? Bad reeds usually show up with almost no compression, like 40 or less. 60+ readings would indicate good reeds, or in the case of 4 cycle, good valves.

The carburetor passage for the main jet can be very difficult to get clean. Also, the passage to the float needle valve can refuse to clean with just soaking. It the carb flat bowl filling up when you crank the engine over? I have soaked the carb bodies for days and not had these passages open up. A single strand from a piece of 20 gauge stranded electrical wire makes a good roto rooter for this passage and sometimes even for the main jet itself. Once open, the carb cleaner can flow through and get it really clean. Until there is flow, it seems that no amount of soaking works.

Once you get it working, please report back what you found. Others will appreciate it.

Charley
Old 04-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
Mikiet
Not Yet Wild

Winter has passed , so I gave it a final try, has 75lbs compression, new plug, carb clean, no clogged orifices, will run at 1/4 throttle using choke every 10 seconds or so, and stall at full throttle, just forward not reverse, thinking 12v fuel pump, any way charity work for buddy, had enough, thanks for responding
Old 04-06-2021, 10:08 AM   #6
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

It sounds to me like the passages in your carburetor to the main jet need cleaning. Like I said earlier, it's difficult to clean these. I have used a single strand of small stranded copper wire and carb cleaner to rout out these internal passages. Cleaning them out is not easy. A total disassembly of the carb is needed to be able to get to them all. To assure that you have each clean, see if compressed air will flow through it after the cleaning. If not, you have more cleaning to do. A soaking will get all but these passages clean. Well, maybe a week of soaking might do it, but I was never patient enough for that.

Charley
Old 04-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

That to me sounds like your crank seal need replaced. Understand that your fuel pump will get gas to the carb but engine vacuum is needed to draw fuel from the carb into the cylinder for combustion. Bad crank seals are the primary cause for this failing.

Check out the "sticky" on top of the Harley Davidson sub forum as there is specific "Fuel Draw" post on it. That information will apply to your cart.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
linkage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts