lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2007 gas precedent running hot

So I bought this cart they said there was no issues but as always there are. It runs but when you drive it for more than 10min nonstop it gets hot. Hot to the point you can feel it coming out the passenger side seat. I've cleaned carb, pretty sure it's aftermarket and inspected air inlet hoses. Not sure what else to do. Plan to use exhaust wrap for the exhaust. Governor has been messed with previously. Any thoughts. It's a 2007 precedent fe350. New starter, voltage regulator, lifted on 23s. Doesn't matter if I put around or full speed. Only thing I know it needs is the gasket for filter cover.
lx504life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2021, 05:34 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 gas precedent running hot

Remove the tins from the engine and see if they’re caked with grass and stuff.

Do you have an IR temp gun to get actual temps? Engines create heat, and while “too much” heat can be a pretty subjective discussion, temps don’t lie for normal vs. abnormal.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Remove the tins from the engine and see if they’re caked with grass and stuff.

Do you have an IR temp gun to get actual temps? Engines create heat, and while “too much” heat can be a pretty subjective discussion, temps don’t lie for normal vs. abnormal.
Already pulled the engine covers and fins were very clean. I will get a temp next time I ride it. My yamaha g16 I had before never got nearly this hot.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:14 PM   #4
KawMule550
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 2007 gas precedent running hot

pull the spark plug out and look at it. if it's white. it's running lean and getting hot. and the cooling fan is installed on the flywheel, correct?
I converted my paper service manual to a PDF. i believe it's got a troubleshooting page on the engine overheating, if you want i can PM it to you.
KawMule550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:13 AM   #5
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawMule550 View Post
pull the spark plug out and look at it. if it's white. it's running lean and getting hot. and the cooling fan is installed on the flywheel, correct?
I converted my paper service manual to a PDF. i believe it's got a troubleshooting page on the engine overheating, if you want i can PM it to you.
I would greatly appreciate that. The regular manual I found doesnt have any troubleshooting in it. I just put a new plug in it. The one I pulled out wasnt the correct number that was recommended for the cart. Guessing previous owner installed it. But it was not white. As far as the fan I dont see why it would be removed. Havent checked just assuming it is still there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car