lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2020, 06:08 PM   #11
tdw297
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Kawasaki Zx600 Engine Swap

I just ordered an electric start kit on Amazon for $90. It also comes with a charging coil which is unnecessary but usable. I will have the motorcycle engine stator, predator engine's charging coil, and I also bought a car alternator that I am going to put in there as well. This will ensure that I NEVER run out of power.

I am going to put a button on the top of the shifter inside of the tubing. This will be the electric starter button. The clutch will also be there.

Can someone verify that my crappy wiring diagram would work? I will wire the starter button to the neutral light to make sure that I can only start the engine in neutral. I will have a forward/reverse toggle switch. When it is in the forward side, the predator engine's spark plug will be grounded so that it cant start and will stop before I move forward. On the reverse side, there wont be anything hooked up so it wont be grounded anymore and be able to start. I think that this should work as hood as it does in my head. The red is positive and green is negative (ground).

Thanks,
Tyler
tdw297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2020, 09:00 PM   #12
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw297 View Post
This is what I was planning on getting.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283755546469

Thanks,
Tyler
That assembly pictured requires an oil bath. The best solution is a live axle chain drive desert racer reversing hub. It will stand up to the 600. Simple too
Old twin 750 Kaw had a dry starter clutch. They failed in record time. Partly because of the big twin, and being dry.
While I'm at it, you'll never use 2/3s of that zx600 HP. Toss it and find an ATV 700-800 automatic with reverse. You will thank me if you take this route.
I installed a zx600 into a cart and it was totally useless unless you went drag racing or w.nted to cut dido's. The wet clutch is weak, gives gummy shifts, and a golf cart chassis isn't up to the handling requirements. (Not up to a large hi-torque ATV engine either) but grafting the complete ATV running gear will offer a very satisfactory, very high performance, daily driver, without heating problems and 11k RPM.
I went with a Kaw 750 Brute engine mounted in a 700 prairie SRA. Outcome is excellent.
It's a relatively safe 70 MPH golf cart. Very dependable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:09 AM   #13
tdw297
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
That assembly pictured requires an oil bath. The best solution is a live axle chain drive desert racer reversing hub. It will stand up to the 600. Simple too
Old twin 750 Kaw had a dry starter clutch. They failed in record time. Partly because of the big twin, and being dry.
While I'm at it, you'll never use 2/3s of that zx600 HP. Toss it and find an ATV 700-800 automatic with reverse. You will thank me if you take this route.
I installed a zx600 into a cart and it was totally useless unless you went drag racing or w.nted to cut dido's. The wet clutch is weak, gives gummy shifts, and a golf cart chassis isn't up to the handling requirements. (Not up to a large hi-torque ATV engine either) but grafting the complete ATV running gear will offer a very satisfactory, very high performance, daily driver, without heating problems and 11k RPM.
I went with a Kaw 750 Brute engine mounted in a 700 prairie SRA. Outcome is excellent.
It's a relatively safe 70 MPH golf cart. Very dependable.

What did you use for the rear body? Did you make that yourself? Also, could you send me a link to what you used for the shifter? Thanks for your advice. I will check out some quad engines and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

Thanks,
Tyler
tdw297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #14
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw297 View Post
What did you use for the rear body? Did you make that yourself? Also, could you send me a link to what you used for the shifter? Thanks for your advice. I will check out some quad engines and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

Thanks,
Tyler
The rear body is the original with substantial trimming. But, only the rear flares are added. The rest just cut away for clearance.
The shifter is avail all over. Mr Gasket 7668. AMZ, Jegs, Summit all sell them.
I also used a heavy push pull pto cable for linkage. The shifter will operate as mechanical or cable. A little creativity will help...
I'll try to find a pic of the body after it was cut up.
Added some front flares and cut a bit of fender out that was screwing with the tires.

JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps