lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Allied Lithium drop in batteries

Interesting that they are LiFe. What is their current rating?
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2019, 07:58 AM   #12
Pismoflyer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ordered a set of 50 AHr, yesterday. On the way. Stay tuned.....
Pismoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:49 PM   #13
joekapp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any results so far on those that have received them? I have had no luck with lithium so far. I tried a couple of drop in solutions, and they have not panned out. Hoping this one is a good option.
joekapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #14
qtiger
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I got 4 60ah several weeks ago, along with their charger. Even though Club Car lead acid chargers will work, I wasn't going to take chances or shorten the battery life. I did have to bypass the OBC for the charger to work, but the sticky info here made the process easy.

I use the cart to play golf and cruise the neighborhood but my max is 27 holes. For cruising, about 5 to 9 miles, so no long trips. No issues whatsoever, but again, I haven't pushed the batteries to their supposed limit.

The one thing I'm having trouble/concerns with is the state of discharge (or state of charge). Allied provided a meter but I doubt it's accuracy. Everything I've read is you need a coulomb counter for lifepo4 batteries. Voltage stays very flat until the last 10-20% of charge. Without the counter, voltage is not a reliable way to know how much juice you have left.

I knew my usage should easily fall into the 60ah range, so knowing exactly my SOC is not as critical as it would be for others.

Overall, I'm pleased with their product. But, in the future, I will consider pricier options that have bluetooth built into their BMS for easier monitoring and SOC.
qtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:26 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Using a voltmeter as an SOC meter for lithium is not practical as You have found out.

You can always add an AH meter if You want to keep track of how many AH have been used since last charge and it would also help to see the battery amps being used in case you have ever triggered the battery "max current" safety disconnect.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:26 AM   #16
qtiger
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the suggestion.
qtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

That's interesting concerning the voltage readings not dropping off until the last 20% or so. On my Leaf Gen1 batteries I have the ZEVA amp-hr measurement on the screen, and it also shows the current voltage available...at rest. I have a separate volt meter from my LA days.

I actually look at the volts to determine my "remaining" charge. I know that when I drop below 50-V, I'm fast approaching the "knee" and don't have much left to use.

But that's just me I guess.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:08 AM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
That's interesting concerning the voltage readings not dropping off until the last 20% or so. On my Leaf Gen1 batteries I have the ZEVA amp-hr measurement on the screen, and it also shows the current voltage available...at rest. I have a separate volt meter from my LA days.

I actually look at the volts to determine my "remaining" charge. I know that when I drop below 50-V, I'm fast approaching the "knee" and don't have much left to use.

But that's just me I guess.
These are LiFe batteries. They have a much flatter discharge curve than the Leaf chemistry.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:12 AM   #19
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtiger View Post
...snip...The one thing I'm having trouble/concerns with is the state of discharge (or state of charge). Allied provided a meter but I doubt it's accuracy. Everything I've read is you need a coulomb counter for lifepo4 batteries. Voltage stays very flat until the last 10-20% of charge. Without the counter, voltage is not a reliable way to know how much juice you have left....snip...
How about using one of the Victron meters. I have the BMV-702 with the additional bluetooth dongle but the BMV-712 has bluetooth built in. I'm using mine with Lead Acid but NoleFan4Ever uses his with his Lithium setup (he put me onto them).

More info at http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-install.html
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #20
2020is
Not Yet Wild

I have had them installed for a week or so now with the only use being top speed runs around the neighborhood because it makes me smile!!! Don’t have a handle on the runtime and such so far but the power seems to be adequate and top speed around 32mph on the cart(have not installed top or rear seat yet).

Need to make sure I understand the issue mentioned above with the provided meter and take care of these batteries, I need them to last a long time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ECFD7C23-2BB6-49F5-AFAF-A8D90BB61D22.jpg (162.8 KB, 0 views)
2020is is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car