lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

Default Help me Choose

In the market for an electric cart. I'm leaning towards the Precedent. My town requires most of the safety stuff (head/tail/brake/turn signals), but not full street legal. Most of the carts I see do not have the turn signals. Some have brake lights, some do not. I called two shops and got quotes between 450 and 550 to add the turn signals and brake lights. How hard is it to add these two items myself? I'm looking at the 2007-2009 year range Precedents.

I've found one 2008 that already has all the equipment needed, but has 3 year old batteries. It has black seats and top, which I'm concerned will be too hot at the beach this summer. Found another 2007 Precedent that has new Trojan batteries just installed, but no brake lights or turn signals. The price is exactly the same on both carts. Preference?

I've also seen a 2012 EZGO RXV that I really like the look of, but don't know anything about them. It's $1000 more than either of the Precedents.

I'd like to buy something in the next week. Warm weather is here!
jb2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Help me Choose

Honestly, I would buy the Precedent with all the factory equipment already installed and ready to go (as long as it is in good shape). By the time the batteries go, which if a good set should still have good life left in them, you will probably replace them with a Lithium pack or if not, or for $600-$650 you will put in a new set of US Batteries, Tojans, or Crowns...

And offer the guy a few hounded dollars less and tell him you are taking a risk with the older batteries.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a Precedent with the black roof. It's on open cart. Not really much of a difference if the roof was white or black. If its hot, it's hot. Now if you are going to ad a rain canopy it will increase heat but that probably will not be on it all of the time.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

The light install is fairly straight forward. The only tricky part is the brake light mechanism installation. People here could walk you through the process. You can get a full upgrade kit for around 80-100 bucks probably.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

On the one that is ready to go, the guy already has knocked off $300 from his asking price. So I doubt he'd go lower (although it never hurts to make a lower offer!). He did obviously price it so he could knock off that $300.

I would also have to have the turn signals added to the RXV. It does already have the brake lights though. The seller said it is a very simple plug and play install on the RXV. That is tempting me. But I don't know much about the RXV.

Tough decision.
jb2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:16 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You go up there with cash in hand and make him that offer standing in front of him. Seldom will anyone let cash walkaway...

I do not like EZGO's (Go figure a CC guy would say that!! ) The frames tend to rust out in my area and the CC frames are aluminum so we do not have that problem...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car