lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #11
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Air Ride suspension on TXT

Minker,

Can you post some pics of your trailing arm set-up?

Thanks
guyboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2018, 04:58 PM   #12
Minker67
Not Yet Wild

Default Air Ride suspension on TXT

Guyboy,

Here you go and I tried to get a few different shots for you.

I basically took one of the old leaf springs and cut both ends off. I then took 1 1/2” square tube and cut them I think 17” long. After I rounded one end of each tube so that the end I cut on the leaf springs would seat nicely into the tube for a good weld. It came out better then I was expecting. After I mounted the trailing arms I made shock tabs and I put about a 25 degree bend into the shock tab so that when I was at ride height the shock tab would be flat on the rubber bushings and washers of the shocks themselves. Figured it would be less stress on the shock mounting bolt.

Hope that helped. Let me know if there is more you might need.

Still a work in progress....

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #13
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks so much Mike!

Looks like a pretty cool set up! Thinking of using your concept on a lifted cart.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:15 AM   #14
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hate to reply twice Mike but do these trailing arms keep the rear end centered pretty good? Been looking at possibly using a 3 or 4 link on my rear.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #15
Minker67
Not Yet Wild

Default Air Ride suspension on TXT

I don’t have much personal testing with it yet. From what I gathered from another member that has a similar setup. The only time he ever feels any sway is when he has 4 adults on the cart driving around but says it’s not bad. I also believe his cart was electric and only has the two trailing arms(not 100% sure though). Since mine is gas there is also a third link to the frame where the entire motor and rear end mount to the cart itself. So I was hoping that the extra link will help with any extra sway. With the minimal driving I have done on it so far it feels good. I will update the post as I go with anything I find.

With your setup being lifted you should have enough room to add a panhard bar in the back and that should solve any potential sway.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #16
asphaltmodified
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I like what your doing there. Mine is a CC gasser but I added a panhard for added stability. Air shocks are something I just may have to consider!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180518_081618.jpg (177.9 KB, 0 views)
asphaltmodified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #17
Minker67
Not Yet Wild

Exactly what I thought. You have more then enough room with the lift to add the panhard bar. I will look into it more when I get the body put back on to see how much actual clearance I have.

Also the air-shocks cost $60 a pair and Monroe had a rebate at the time that if you buy a set of 4 you can get a $50 rebate back in a gift card. It was a win win for me!

Old 05-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #18
Dlshank
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Looks really good Minker, If you get 1/4" lines and valves it might bring the front wheels off the ground. I don't think you'll have to worry about over inflating those bags. Having a tank you can inflate to 200 Psi will make for fast inflating and give you more air to play with between your compressor running. If you're concerned about the pressure in the bags add some gauges and you'll also have better adjustment of your ride height. Might learn that it rides better at different pressures and speeds. keep posting pictures.
Dlshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #19
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes I figured a panhard bar would probably be needed on my set up.

Also Asphalt, what kind of coilovers are you running on the rear of your CC?
Old 05-23-2018, 06:22 PM   #20
SmeltShackBBQ
Getting Wild
Club Car

This is looking great so far. I may need to steal your trailing arm design, for our CC DS lowrider project. Just wanted to throw another idea I have had out there. I have 2 SCBA tanks, that were retired, but we got them re-hydroed and certified. I have an adjustable regulator, so i can knock them from 2210psi, down to 90 psi, to run air tools in the junkyard, inflate tires around here etc (one will easily fill a 35 inch truck tire). I had thought about putting one on my Cadillac (on air ride), at 200psi, just in case something broke in my compressor system.

I bet they would be slick on a cart if you weren't going to be doing a bunch of movements, I have no idea what the lines and air shocks alone take each time. The tanks aren't all that big, and you would have no compressor noise, in a campground setting that may come into play. My car's pumps are REALLY loud, even with the trunk dynamatted...

Might be something to look into...
SmeltShackBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!