lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #21
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2009 rear end noise

Still having the terrible noise in rear end when coasting. New fluid and everything inside looks perfect. What really makes me mad is there was no noise for the first few days after I put the rear end together with new fluid. Why would it go away and then come back now?
Every gear and bearing looks perfect.
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2017, 02:15 AM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

So, you disassembled it, everything looked good. New grease on the motor/input shaft interface made noise go away temporarily.... Sounds like when the grease got squished out of the crappy interface, motor/input shaft problem came right back. Sometimes a bumper ain't gonna fix it. New input shaft or coupler, or both. I have never seen a "drier than the Sahara" rusty input shaft spline interface that I would describe as perfect, only "making the best of a crappy situation". So, how did those motor splines turn out? Since it went away, but soon came right back, I'm looking squarely at the motor/input shaft spline interface.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:09 AM   #23
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

I'm thinking your right. I wonder if I remove the motor and free wheel the cart down the road if that would be a good test. I'm not sure though because I think the motor puts resistance against the input shaft and that is probably what the noise came from.

I will probably have to pull the coupler off. Measure the shaft and order a coupler.
Any idea on where to source the coupler?
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #24
kev 633
Not Yet Wild

HI Dan did you get yr coupler ? did it fix the noise , i have the same problem cheers kev
kev 633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #25
Mr. Project
Not Yet Wild

I had the same thing on my 2009 g29, tried everything; replaced bearings in motor and axle, drained and replaced axle oil (not cheap), replaced input shaft, etc... only after replacing the motor did the ‘grinding-scraping’ noise go away. Once i put the new motor on, I noticed right away that the new armature shaft was much tighter fit. The new motor still makes a faint sound during regen but much much better than before.
Mr. Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha