lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #11
jblovdal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 rear end noise

Changed the transaxle fluid, pulled the motor and changed the bushing. Still making noise. Any suggestions?
jblovdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2017, 07:15 AM   #12
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

OP
My first post here as i need 5 to make a thread. But Maybe we can work out our issues together.I just purchased a yamaha drive myself. My rear end has the grinding noise while coasting to stop everyone talks about also. The tag is missing on my rear end and I was fearing it was a white tag. We removed the rear axle and completely disassembled the rear axle. I was thinking we would find worn gears or a bad bearing. Everything in the axle looked PERFECT. Although the fluid pretty bad. I am going to clean everything thoroughly and re assemble tonight. The only thing I can see wrong with mine is the motor coupler and input shaft look a little worn out. I think I will order a new coupler and rubber grommet.

I seen where people put two pennnys behind it to tighten everything up. I'm glad to see there was no internal damage to my rear end. But also worried that nothing is standing out to be the problem.

I have my motor out and have the coupler soaking with penitrating oil.

Hope we can figure this out.
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:55 AM   #13
xcntrk
Not Yet Wild

Anxiously following :)

I too have a yellow tag, checked torque on axle nuts, changed fluid with additive, still the same sound on decel...
xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:59 AM   #14
jblovdal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I spoke with the dealer I bought my cart from. He has another cart he is going to part out. He is going to give me a whole new carriage with the motor transaxle etc. Mine seems to be getting worse. I checked axle nuts, changed the fluid, changed the bushing and inspected everything and didn't see any damage. Frustrating to say the least.
jblovdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #15
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

That's good that the dealer is taking care of you. I bought mine private party. But I also got a pretty good deal on it. I'm hoping between new fluid, new bushing, and torquing the axle nuts minenis good to go. If not I am going to try to replace the splined coupler on the motor armature. I am not having any luck finding the part number for it though. Yamaha parts show it one piece with the armature. But I'm sure they are separate.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:18 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Many starter/alternator/generator rebuild shops can handle the coupler replacement, and I think the evil Nivel has the coupler. Just get a new bumper/bushing, don't do the "penny" trick, it doesn't really work, and risks damaging the motor bearing &input shaft bearing.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:51 PM   #17
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Thanks for the tip.
I got the rear end re assembled tonight. I'm going to put it back in tomorrow. Won't be able to test it for awhile as I have the whole cart taken apart ready for paint. Good news is after cleaning the axle I found the tag and it is yellow not white! Everything inside looks great. Axle nuts are now Torqued correctly and new fluid will be installed. If it still
Makes noise it has to be the motor coupler/ and or the input shaft spines.
Not having luck finding the coupler yet. Yamaha shows it as one unit with the armature.
Has anyone actually pulled one off and replaced it?

OP.. let me know if I derailed your thread....
Old 08-29-2017, 10:43 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Many have been pulled & replaced. Don't have a shop press, you can't do it. The 19 splines is the easy part, what's the diameter of the shaft it pressed on.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

I took a look at it looks like nevil does have a few different couplers available. They all appear to be around 100$. Ouch.

My local Yamaha cart dealer said to replace the rubber bushing and use the correct spline grease and he thinks my noise will go
Away. But he also said the coupler cannot be replaced. And I would need to buy the whole armature. I know that's false.

I will report back when I know more
Old 09-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #20
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

I put mine back together and there was no noise. After what was probably about 3 miles of driving the noise is now back when you let off the throttle. Everything inside looks perfect. I'm stumped
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha