lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Im an ICONer Now

Is that what the cool kids call it these days?

Just took delivery. Haven't seen it but wife loves it so does what I think really matter at this point?

Kids love it and have nicknamed it Stormtrooper. Gunna have to get a stormtrooper head vinyl black sticker that corresponds with it.

Thanks to everyone here who lent and ear or input on the options I had.

Originally had an L6 Express on deposit but Im definitely not regretting saving close to 30% apples to apples for what feels like a better cart.

Wife's comment - it feels more like a car and less like a golf cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 149412819_10106304964722138_5597207804466109251_n.jpg (55.2 KB, 0 views)
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Im an ICONer Now

Congratulations ...

You are probably the owner of the most advanced stock cart in your
neighborhood...
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #3
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

So question for all you icon owners. I kept hearing these things come going 28mph. However, my dealer has it set to 25 mph due to Florida “law” (whatever that is lol)

Anyways in addition my navionics app on my phone shows a GPS speed of 22.3 or so max when it hits the limit at 25mph.

Any idea how I can increase it to 28mph and recalibrate the speedo on cart to mirror true GPS speed?
Old 02-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Congratulations ...

You are probably the owner of the most advanced stock cart in your
neighborhood...
Thanks. There is another cart I’ve seen that is either an evolution or icon. We have some carts in the hood but nothing like I’m sure other areas or gated communities. When COVID started we def saw an uptick of carts. We use ours almost daily.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:12 PM   #5
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
So question for all you icon owners. I kept hearing these things come going 28mph. However, my dealer has it set to 25 mph due to Florida “law” (whatever that is lol)

Anyways in addition my navionics app on my phone shows a GPS speed of 22.3 or so max when it hits the limit at 25mph.

Any idea how I can increase it to 28mph and recalibrate the speedo on cart to mirror true GPS speed?
Atrain can step in on this to assist you...you might even post him the question..

He is very helpful..
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:24 PM   #6
checkrd past
Not Yet Wild

I've been waiting 3 months on the west coast for my I40 Can't wait
checkrd past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:55 PM   #7
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post

Look at the placard by your pedals and see if it says 5 kw or 4 kw for the motor. I've been told all the new ones for CA have 5 kw, but I'm curious about FL.

To increase the speed limit, you have a little light reading and you need a programming cable (or someone with one) and the software.

You then just plug the cart in with the programming cable and write updated settings with the software for your desired parameters.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:43 AM   #8
PLÜMEdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Look at the placard by your pedals and see if it says 5 kw or 4 kw for the motor. I've been told all the new ones for CA have 5 kw, but I'm curious about FL.

To increase the speed limit, you have a little light reading and you need a programming cable (or someone with one) and the software.

You then just plug the cart in with the programming cable and write updated settings with the software for your desired parameters.
Hey Atrain I’ve been trying to get a hold of you! I’m in San Diego would love to pay you to help me program my cart! I’m in clairemont!

Call me or email please! 401-474-5549 or gusfire1@gmail.com
PLÜMEdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #9
cajunman 1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Hey PLUMEdaddy did you ever hear from Atraine?
cajunman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #10
Scott quail
Gone Wild

If you have a cable and download the program on a tablet or computer, you can increase the speed of the cart by changing the RPMs in max speed. I believe factory is 5000. Change it to max which should be 6000. It tells you the max. Then you should be around 28 mph.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon