lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2022, 10:38 AM   #41
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

Default Re: **DIY 4x4 Golf Cart: ATV swap**

Quote:
Originally Posted by optikid View Post
If you could do it again would you use the same atv?
Im not happy with my ezgo gas engine, but i would rather do this over a big block since everything would get upgraded.
theres a 2001 250 actic cat near me for pretty cheap, but it smokes. but you said it can be converted to a 300 right? that would fix the smoke, if its the rings.
250cc would work, has a CVT transmission. Always wondered if you could convert one of those to predator motor. The motor is separate from the gearbox?

One thing to consider is the weight of the cart vs the atv. I have a 350cc Honda and after all the add-ons and bells and whistles,.. it needs a little more power. My last phase will be 4x4 but before that i will have to convert from a 4x2 motor trans to a 4x4 motor trans. So if i'm goin to the trouble im stepping up to a 500cc+. Hope to find one with an auto transmission.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2022, 11:30 AM   #42
optikid
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
250cc would work, has a CVT transmission. Always wondered if you could convert one of those to predator motor. The motor is separate from the gearbox?

One thing to consider is the weight of the cart vs the atv. I have a 350cc Honda and after all the add-ons and bells and whistles,.. it needs a little more power. My last phase will be 4x4 but before that i will have to convert from a 4x2 motor trans to a 4x4 motor trans. So if i'm goin to the trouble im stepping up to a 500cc+. Hope to find one with an auto transmission.
What brand or model mould be idel for this? I would definitely prefer bigger, and want 4x4. I don't know anything about atv or their drive line
optikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 01:25 PM   #43
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

The younger generations go-to for mud riding and snorkeling would be the Honda 420 rancher, problem is they normally shot. A 420 with a auto transmission would be ticket. Yamaha 400 would be my next choice. Auto 4 wheel independent. 3rd choice, Polaris 800 sportsman. twin cylinder 54 hp,...
Son had one that we was going to put under a 2000 ezgo but he ended up selling.

Stay away from the China crap.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
300, arctic cat 250, suzuki king quad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps