lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
bschisle
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 precedent 48v

If my cart sits 2 days without any usage, when I turn on the key and push the forward or reverse switch, nothing happens. Only when I depress the accelerator, the yellow light on dash lites up and then cart will move? All batteries check ok [ voltage and specific gravity]. Is this normal or am I looking at changing the controller?
bschisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 precedent 48v

Sounds more like the OBC is getting deactivated/going to sleep...
Are you also turning the tow/run switch to tow during that time?
Is the charger plugged in during this time? If not, plug it in first and see if the dash light blinks, if it does, the OBC was sleeping.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I may be reading this wrong but nothing is supposed to happen until you depress the throttle. There is a safety built in to prevent a run away cart situation. It's called High Pedal Disable HPD.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is not what HPD means, from the manual:
Quote:
(HPD) High Pedal Detect: This function prevents unexpected vehicle movement if the key switch is turned ON after the accelerator is pressed, or the accelerator pedal is pressed when Forward/Reverse switch is used to change the direction of travel.
The part You missed in the OP was the blinking light on the dash.

While there are several things that could cause the warning light to blink, the part about only happening the first time your turn the key on after being off for 2 days eliminates most of them.

If you then factor in that the batteries voltage and SG are normal, I think only leaves the possibility that it was caused by the OBC waking up.

I am guessing the charger was not plugged in.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the OBC to go into sleep mode if the cart is idle and disconnected from the charger?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

HPD High Pedal Disable fault. 1. Improper sequence of direction and
throttle inputs.

If you would add "This is to prevent a run away cart situation." to the end of your explanation it would be correct.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschisle View Post
If my cart sits 2 days without any usage, when I turn on the key and push the forward or reverse switch, nothing happens. Only when I depress the accelerator, the yellow light on dash lites up and then cart will move? All batteries check ok [ voltage and specific gravity]. Is this normal or am I looking at changing the controller?
My cart has done this once or twice, and I was told that the cart has gone into sleep mode and needs to be woken up. My dash light came on as well when this happened. As for how long it takes for it to go into sleep mode, I have no idea. Mine had been sitting for about a week when it happened. Maybe Tahoe will know...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sleep Mode... It's normal. Make this your standard procedure after charging...

Unplug charger cord. Flip switch to Reverse. Turn keyswitch on. Depress pedal one time. Wait for buzzer to turn on. Vehicle is now awake and ready for operation.

Note that the vehicle won't always go into sleep mode. It does this after it's been plugged in for a while after the charge cycle has ended. Usually a day or so.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car