lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
yamahablake
Not Yet Wild

Default 84 G1 Keeps Blowing Fuse

I just got a used 84 G1 that has been sitting in this guys shed for years, its in darn nice shape too. He said his kids were using it and it just quit running on them one day so he threw it in the shed. Anyways i got it and found that the black wire with the fuse located by the two relays keeps blowing a fuse. How do i get this issue fixed where do i start? I assume its getting grounded out somewhere? Cant get this beast to even turn over yet hoping this is the problem. Let me know if you have any ideas, thanks Blake.
yamahablake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 84 G1 Keeps Blowing Fuse

If the fuse blows immediately, you have a short somewhere. The most common short is due to a chafed or melted wire in the harness, typically where the harness goes around the muffler and passes by the battery. Inspect your harness for any obvious bad spots. Does the engine turn over with the key on and gas pedal depressed? Are there any accessories that may be incorrectly wired?
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
yamahablake
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 84 G1 Keeps Blowing Fuse

Yeah the fuse blow immediatly! I figured i had a short somewhere. I have not jacked it up and looked under the gas pedal yet, neither have i took off dash and looked at the key wires/harness. I will take a look at the wires and look for the short somewhere, not going to be fun. Have not got the thing to turn over yet, thought the problem was the starter/generator but hopefully not cause i have not even seen it turn yet. I have not changed any of the wires around so i would think it is wired fine. I checked the voltage and at some point during checking it there were some clicking noised made. New to this and hopefully i can get it figured out. thanks for the info.
yamahablake is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha