lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
KathyMcL
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 2008 Club Car DS stalls intermittently while driving

First of all, hello everyone, my name is Kathy and I am new here.

This is gonna be a little long so please bear with me and I hope someone can help.
While driving our cart at a consistent speed (about half throttle) it intermittently stalls and the coast beeper comes on and we coast to a stop. We take our foot off the accelerator and push it again and it runs just fine for a short period of time and it does it again. We have taken the cart out for cruises for an hour or so and each time it does it 15 or 20 times within an hour.
This has been going on for a few months. We have had the cart to the repair shop numerous times for the problem. They have changed the controller, they have changed something to do with the throttle and this last time they changed the whole engine. Everything is new, batteries and all, yet it still does it.
I thought I would do a little research myself, reach out to this forum to see if there is someone that has any idea as to what is going on. They did mention that they were going to change the wiring harness next to see if that was the problem. Could that be it ??
At this point we are at a total loss. What the heck could it be ??
KathyMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2019, 09:20 PM   #2
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car DS stalls intermittently while driving

What’s the serial number of cart sounds like the repair shop was throwing parts at it at your expense
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Kathy, lets try some elimination. Please unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR (under the floor and connected to a linkage from the pedal) and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. If it runs with the jumper in place, your MCOR microswitch has failed (or is intermittent). If it still does it, we can do some checks at the solenoid (Main Contactor)

And if they have done a controller, motor and ~maybe an MCOR, you have spent a LOT of money.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
KathyMcL
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

We will try that this weekend and let you know the scoop. THANK YOU !!! Also, we've spent a total of $500 so not too bad.
KathyMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #5
russhull
Not Yet Wild

Hi Kathy,
Did you find out what the root cause of the issue?

I have EXACTLY the same issue and would like to fast forward. Was planning on the solinoid but will do whatever was said.

Thanks
russhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:30 PM   #6
russhull
Not Yet Wild

Quick update:
Mine is a 2002 and I replaced the MCOR moduel (very quick/easy except having to do it upside down from the bottom). Pulled 2 screws and 2 wires, replaced/rewired it and finished.

It was NOT the MCOR.

Any ideas here?

I hear a very minor "click" when the cart stalls and coasting beeper comes on.

My guess is that the MCOR is connecte the the axle and the axle is slipping someplace, but would rather ask the experts prior to doing another repair
russhull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:59 PM   #7
cdkman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a brand new 2020 with the same issue. Interested in hearing what the issue is.
cdkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:27 AM   #8
Json707
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by russhull View Post
Quick update:
Mine is a 2002 and I replaced the MCOR moduel (very quick/easy except having to do it upside down from the bottom). Pulled 2 screws and 2 wires, replaced/rewired it and finished.

It was NOT the MCOR.

Any ideas here?

I hear a very minor "click" when the cart stalls and coasting beeper comes on.

My guess is that the MCOR is connecte the the axle and the axle is slipping someplace, but would rather ask the experts prior to doing another repair
If you are hearing a click then it's probably the solenoid.
Json707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car