lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
hammer322
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Should cart roll easy in neutral

96 gas club car, got the cart it did not run . I have to replace the coil . I removed the engine , Tried pushing the cart by hand in neutral , does not seem to roll to easy . It will start to roll but then it gets very hard to roll . Does this seem right ? Thanks Jim
hammer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Should cart roll easy in neutral

Mine does not roll easily. In fact sometimes when I try and push it, it won't roll either. But then I just hop on and hit the gas. That usually gets the cart to where I want it to go.
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
hammer322
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks I jacked the cart up I was able to turn the passenger rear wheel very easy but the driver side was hard . I backed off the lug nuts a little, the tire moved very easy. When i tighten them back the tire is hard to move . Nothing is rubbing so I dont know what to look for . Also when I was tighting the lugs one was a little hard to tighten now it just spins I can not get it on any more or take it off . Thanks Jim
hammer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

(insert Gornos' avatar here)
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Should cart roll easy in neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer322 View Post
Thanks I jacked the cart up I was able to turn the passenger rear wheel very easy but the driver side was hard . I backed off the lug nuts a little, the tire moved very easy. When i tighten them back the tire is hard to move . Nothing is rubbing so I dont know what to look for . Also when I was tighting the lugs one was a little hard to tighten now it just spins I can not get it on any more or take it off . Thanks Jim
hammer, It's a tough crowd here today... You'll have to cut the nut off of the stud (it's stripped). Once you do that you can check the brake issue.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Got to cut or grind the bad nut off and replace it and or stud.
If you tighten the lugnuts and it locks or drags the drum then the drum is not sitting flat on the axle flange. I have run across this several times replacing drums with aftermarket drums. Usually it is from the center hole being to small and not letting the drum seat flush on the axle. I just start the cart and hit the centering ring with a mini grinder while it turns.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm having the same problem and I did a little research and I found this write up on the wonderful web.lol. It might make things a little easier for you. I'm going to attempt this again after awhile I been up all night working and need a nap. But enough said here's the link. GOOD LUCK!!! By the way I just bought this unit and it's a 91model CC gas http://blazerbites.blogspot.com/2006...rakes-who.html
sledgehammer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have 2 ez go's ,I can put ether one in neutral and push or pull with one hand on level.
cuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #9
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well Backed off the bolt and no luck. I did take some sandpaper to inner circle of the the drum and no luck with that either I'm going to sand the whole drums mating surface and try that. You can tell that it has a uneven wear pattern on it. It's just had to tell where the build up is. Will update later.
sledgehammer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

nice website sl.i like your dog.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car