lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
csmagin@comcast.net
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2008.3 Brake Light Relay connections

Acquired used Precedent, cart had head light as well as tail lights. No brake lights. Need tail light for AZ street driving. Bought OEM Tail light Upgrade Kit, included in the kit is a 48V Relay kit. Installed the relay behind console. Relay contains 4 each male tab slots; 2 small, 2 larger. Have found 4 female plugs, 2 smaller, 2 larger. Relay instruction sheet only shows "COM" Terminal Location" on relay, nothing about wire color connections. Tail light Upgrade Instructions include wiring diagram but wire colors for connecting to relay are different than what I have on the cart. Reluctant to just randomly make connections. Relay Instructions state to make property connected before connecting power/batteries. thanks in advance for assistance.
csmagin@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2018, 11:27 PM   #2
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2008.3 Brake Light Relay connections

I may not be of much help. I think that's when they quit including the wiring for the lights if the cart didn't come with them. I could be wrong.

I say all of this because, if that's the case, you may or may not have factory wiring for the lights. Some aftermarket kits don't use the same exact wiring and are not compatible. I don't know how to determine what you have or I would be happy to tell you.

You may need to tear the cart down a little (precedents are easy to do this with) and run the wires back to determine which ones are which.

I know when I installed my light kit I was amazed the same color wire is not carried through. Wire runs to a plug and then goes from say a green to violet/blue stripe. Crazy from what I am used to.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #3
csmagin@comcast.net
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Hunter99 for your response. I took a chance and made connections as a slightly educated guess. Brake taillight's came on with brake pedal was depressed and turned off immediately when released. With parking brake deployed, brake light's stay on as long as key is in the on position. Guess time will tell if connections were correct. Not sure what I can expect to see if brake light relay connections aren't correct, relay fails? Hopefully nothing more. Have a call into Club Car dealer for input. Thanks again.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It does not make any difference which 3/16" quick connector goes into either 3/16" relay terminal, same for the 1/4" connectors and relay terminals.

If You find Yourself using the parking brake and forgetting to turn the key switch OFF, you can always add a "timer" to the brake switch wires so the brake lights will turn OFF even if the key switch is still ON:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:34 AM   #5
csmagin@comcast.net
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Sergio, glad to know relay connection info and I will look into adding a timer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car