lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Will the magnet trick work on an 2009?

Good morning, I have a 09 CC Precedent with 6- 8v batteries, 6" lift and 12" rims on 23" tires. Last night I put the magnet in the motor I got from my local cart shop and it actually hurt the speed not help. Plus, it made the cart pulsate at top speed... not sure if that’s the best way to describe it, but you could tell the cart wasn’t running right. Before I put in the magnet the cart would run 16/17 on pavement.

Anyone try putting a magnet in an 09... does anyone know if it will work? Could I have installed it wrong? It seemed pretty easy to change and pretty straight forward.

I appreciate yalls feedback.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cccamo1.jpg (201.7 KB, 0 views)
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Will the magnet trick work on an 2009?

Dont know much about magnets, but very nice cart!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Is your cart an IQ or Excel? You can tell by the serial number. PQ is IQ. PH or PU is Excel. Excel cars don't get along with high speed magnets at all.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Ding Ding... winner winner chicken dinner! Thanks Dawg... it’s a PH. OK, so now I know the magnet I have I don’t need. Anything else I need to know about an Excel? Anyone know where I can find what the differences are between an IQ and Excel?

Thanks for the help Dawg!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Read this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ighlight=excel

There are some others. I have not heard of anyone doing anymore than a speedcode upgrade on Excels, maybe someone else could chime in.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #6
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

So if I pay to get the code 4 will I see a difference? I’m a little confused on what I’m reading. It doesn’t sound like a code 4 will make much difference on an Excel... am I wrong? I’m doing like 16mph with 23" tires. Dealers are saying if I buy the code I should be doing around 22 or so. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
So if I pay to get the code 4 will I see a difference? I’m a little confused on what I’m reading. It doesn’t sound like a code 4 will make much difference on an Excel... am I wrong? I’m doing like 16mph with 23" tires. Dealers are saying if I buy the code I should be doing around 22 or so. Thanks for the feedback!
You'll notice a difference for sure. Speed setting 3 is 14.8MPH, Speed setting 4 is 19.2MPH on an Excel. However, keep in mind that this doesn't increase the power of the vehicle. Only top speed RPM limiting. If you can't reach it due to lack of power or because of your oversized tires, it won't get there. Also keep in mind that 19.2MPH on 18" tires equals a faster speed with your 23s. Probably somewhere around the 22-23MPH neighborhood.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I called a CC dealer and they said they could get me the code for 53.68... I have a friend that has the programmer so he can put the codes in for me. Sounds like a good deal... agree?

PS- I called two other CC dealers and they wanted 100.00 for the codes even if they didn’t program them for me.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
I called a CC dealer and they said they could get me the code for 53.68... I have a friend that has the programmer so he can put the codes in for me. Sounds like a good deal... agree?

PS- I called two other CC dealers and they wanted 100.00 for the codes even if they didn’t program them for me.
Nice to see we're not the only dealer in the country who wants to rip people off on the speed code. Do it. Excellent price.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I’ve been talking to a CC dealer and he says that we was told by his CC guy that not all Excel units will accept the code. According to my serial # I missed it by a week. He is checking to see if I buy the code and it doesn’t take will CC give me my money back. He was also told that if it doesn’t take, they can reprogram the whole cart... we are waiting to hear back who can do that (local CC tech or if has to be sent to them) and if it cost additional money being it’s a CC error. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car