lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 09:18 AM   #1621
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
A tornado hit the island @ 9:16 a.m. It has moved north and west. Lost power and electronics briefly but again they are back up. Still heavy rain and wind.
l'm glad your safe and surviving - keep dry LOL
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2020, 10:07 AM   #1622
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Still very heavy winds and rain. I think we will be trapped by tides and surge until this eve. I don't see anyone driving around. P.S. The cape Ray lighthouse is still intact.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:52 PM   #1623
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
You linkage looks very well built. You intake manifold is still one of the wonders of world on why it works.
Well I estimated the size of the runner based on a car and adjusted for cylinder size and rpm. The rest was just what would fit in there. If anything the 1.25 in size is small which would help torque, which I rather have for this application than high rpm like a kart likely would. Since this pulls at 4K shift rpm and most often runs lower than that so maybe 2500 to 4K is most used. Over 4K is rarely used much maybe close to 5K here and there, which is what a normal car might see. Again I have nothing to compare it too, I could make a larger one I guess to try but it would be another project just to see. The torque is good likely more than it had before so I'd guess it might lose on top end 5K rpm if anything but 1.25" should flow enough from my research. The larger CV carb had a 1.25" (32mm) outlet.

Yeah so cable came and the barrel does not fit the pedal, it says G9 right on the bag. Quality amazon, thanks. I filed on it and it fits part way so more work and it should go in.

Sorry Ray hope you are doing ok. No hurricane around here it was low 70s and some clouds a nice cooler day compared to what we've had lately.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:10 PM   #1624
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The storm surge got us after the tornado. We have been powerless and internetless since yesterday noon. Really tough in this heat without power. No more of these 4000-5000 watt generators. After last nite I decided this is not going to happen to me again. I need a killer. It is funny the builder had a homelite unit with a 420 hemi in it.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #1625
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
The storm surge got us after the tornado. We have been powerless and internetless since yesterday noon. Really tough in this heat without power. No more of these 4000-5000 watt generators. After last nite I decided this is not going to happen to me again. I need a killer. It is funny the builder had a homelite unit with a 420 hemi in it.
I decided to buy a 9000 watt Predator generator and a propane carburetor. I'm hoping the one EPA model has the Hemi in it. This won't need any valve train upgrades, if not I bought a set of the champion shaft rocker arms to upgrade it before it starts. I have a 16hp briggs fired 8000 watt gen and it runs on gas -- what a mistake. If you don't run it often - it won't run right when you need it.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #1626
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I ordered a 12,000 Dual fuel. My present units are a 4,000 propane only and a 4850 dual fuel. Hurricane and tropical storm seasons are just starting. 8 miles of nearly all peninsula to the sub station and only one way in with tons of protected green space with lots of trees near the single road onto the island. A recipe for power outages. I was thinking the same thing on the valve train. Both of my present units have the VC supplied smaller champion rocker arms. That was an easy swap with no push rod changes needed.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:20 AM   #1627
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Heavy rain and thunder storm this a.m. Lost power for another 2 + hours.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:48 PM   #1628
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Didn't realize until I got out Vicki this afternoon how bad the beaches and southern part of the island were hit. Down there reminded me of Sandy.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:28 AM   #1629
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Borrowed Mr Chevy's HF Pole saw. Got the Giant limb covering 1/3 of my deck cut and off the tree and my deck. Used Vicki to drag the heavy limbs from behind the house out to the curb side. Didn't slow her down an iota.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:49 PM   #1630
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

We took Vicki for the full 2 island tour yesterday early evening. A lot of sand on the roads but even the local eatery was running despite one road leading to it having pretty deep standing water on it. I was amazed to watch how many tourist drove right thru the brackish water.I wonder how many consider the corrosion the salt water will act on their vehicles.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps