lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
ccstretch
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Need general "getting started" info on 96 CC...

I bought our first cart about 2 months ago... and now I am completely hooked on carting! I never would have thought...

I have been able to determine that my cart is a 1996 CC DS Electric (48v)... it is lifted with 22 inch tires - it was used a Golf Course (still has numbers on the front) but don't know anything else - and am not sure where to start. I've gone over the cart looking for clues as to what I have plus I've been pouring over this forum trying to figure out what is what.

I've seen posts about:
- "regen" (but not sure if my cart is one of these)
- 400 - 500 amp controllers (Alltrax and PQ) - but don't know which I have presently
- soleniods (by the way, is it possible that I have 2 soleniods as at first glance it seems that way).

I want to make sure I am maintaining the cart correctly, and I'm itching to do some speed/torgue upgrades. But I need to know exactly what I have before I can start. Should I try to locate an Owners Manual or something? Where to start?

Any help in how I can learn what I have here would be much appreciated!

ccstretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car