lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2020, 05:01 PM   #1
FLBeachBum
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default High Speed Gears Needed - 2016 CC 48v

I have a 2016 club car precedent with new Trojan batteries, alltrax 400, high speed motor, and 22" tires. I'm currently doing ~28mph but I want to go around 35mph. Who should I call for 6:1 or 8:1 gears? How can I tell which axle I have to order the right set? I've read somewhere that there's different kinds of rear ends?

It stays at the beach in FL, the ground is completely flat but cars are about to run us over on the main roads even though the speed limit is 30 mph lol. Yes the cart is street legal, and yes we are adding disc brakes.
FLBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #2
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: High Speed Gears Needed - 2016 CC 48v

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBeachBum View Post
I have a 2016 club car precedent with new Trojan batteries, alltrax 400, high speed motor, and 22" tires. I'm currently doing ~28mph but I want to go around 35mph. Who should I call for 6:1 or 8:1 gears? How can I tell which axle I have to order the right set? I've read somewhere that there's different kinds of rear ends?

It stays at the beach in FL, the ground is completely flat but cars are about to run us over on the main roads even though the speed limit is 30 mph lol. Yes the cart is street legal, and yes we are adding disc brakes.
I'm just a little north of you in Odessa. I have the same cart with the identical set up but I'm still running the stock motor. I get 26-27 with the wife and kids in it. That speed seemed ok till had a car fly by me at 35.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:09 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: High Speed Gears Needed - 2016 CC 48v

Get a hold of Dave here: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ads/...hNVEE9&z=1&d=1, site sponsor. He is the resident CC guru. He'll be able to guide you on your needs. You wont find any better customer service any where else.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car