lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 04:54 PM   #21
Niz76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Considering Leaf pack conversion

I ordered 7 Gen1 cells from Tech DirectClub on ebay and then quickly changed my mind before even building the pack and ordered 7 more from GreenTechAuto on ebay. GreenTech Auto tests and labels their modules with actual ah ratings. They explain in their ebay site that lowball offers will receive lower ah modules than those paying full price. I paid full price and the modules I received were all around 42ah. It's hard to compare ah ratings with li ion/lead acid tho as the discharge curve is so much different than lead acid. Lead acid you can feel the sag as the pack discharges. Li ion not so much- power feels pretty stable until the packs almost empty and then it falls off the cliff quickly. I just finished my 14 module build and starting using it today so I'm not much help on range info. I can tell you that I was surprised when I first hit the gas and it snapped my head back and tore off lol. I think I'm gonna enjoy this battery!
Niz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #22
pigowar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niz76 View Post
I ordered 7 Gen1 cells from Tech DirectClub on ebay and then quickly changed my mind before even building the pack and ordered 7 more from GreenTechAuto on ebay. GreenTech Auto tests and labels their modules with actual ah ratings. They explain in their ebay site that lowball offers will receive lower ah modules than those paying full price. I paid full price and the modules I received were all around 42ah. It's hard to compare ah ratings with li ion/lead acid tho as the discharge curve is so much different than lead acid. Lead acid you can feel the sag as the pack discharges. Li ion not so much- power feels pretty stable until the packs almost empty and then it falls off the cliff quickly. I just finished my 14 module build and starting using it today so I'm not much help on range info. I can tell you that I was surprised when I first hit the gas and it snapped my head back and tore off lol. I think I'm gonna enjoy this battery!
GreenTech Auto is the place I'm looking to get it from! Thank you for the info. I think I'll start planning on 14 modules to get at least 60ah even with bad ones.
pigowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:21 PM   #23
Niz76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Here's how mine turned out. I'm still lacking active HV/LV safety circuits but I have cell monitoring with HV/LV alarms that's working well for me atm...

Niz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:18 AM   #24
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigowar View Post
GreenTech Auto is the place I'm looking to get it from! Thank you for the info. I think I'll start planning on 14 modules to get at least 60ah even with bad ones.
Green tech is having a sale if you go to their site. 14 modules as low as $45 each. Gen 1
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car