lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #11
keepinitreal538
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: need help on a build or any place to get a custom build?

After checking the size of the containers/boxes at Techdirect i'm thinking about a 12 cell bank build split into 2 boxes that are ran in series. the question is first can i do that, and if i do is it ok to only charge to 4.0V each 96 total. my controller is 72-96 volts. This will give me the max without running banks in parallel. (i would if i could I just don't have room.) is it OK to only charge to 4,0V or should i build with 11 banks? also will they put out enough amps...its a 650 amp controller? sorry to keep asking a bunch of questions. i just want to know what im doing will work before i do it.
keepinitreal538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2020, 09:24 PM   #12
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would say you're looking for trouble. Keep it in specs.

In addition you will be limited by the charger you get. You may have trouble finding a 96v charger.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:59 PM   #13
keepinitreal538
Not Yet Wild

ok Walters advice sounds smart. im going to keep it in specs. I'm getting everything inline to place an order but before i do i just want someone to chime in on the question about my controller. can these packs produce the 650 amp the controller needs? Im going to do one 5 and one 6 cell pack ran in series. Can anyone suggest a good charger for this setup or a solution to the charger problem? thanks again everyone!
Old 05-23-2020, 07:41 AM   #14
keepinitreal538
Not Yet Wild

heres a linkfrom HPEVS web site as to what my motor/controller setup would draw at peak amp draw and another at continuous thanks again.

Peak
https://www.hpevs.com/Site/images/to...peak_graph.pdf

Continuous
https://www.hpevs.com/Site/images/to...%2010-8-12.pdf

Tags
lithium custom
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car