lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
Adkinscj
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Crank seal advice

Pretty sure I need to replace the crank seals on my HD golf cart motor. Anyone that has done it have any advice? Leave in machine? Take motor out? Split case? Remove/install without splitting case? Can checking compression tell me definitively if the seals are bad or not? Any help is appreciated.
Adkinscj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Crank seal advice

I have never done seals on an HD but I am pretty sure that those have 3 seals and you have to split the case to get to the inner most one. There is a link to service manual posted in a lot of posts here that you may find helpful.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:04 AM   #3
Adkinscj
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Crank seal advice

Thanks! I did not realize that there was a 3rd seal... Much appreciated!
Adkinscj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts