lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
bswisher
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Hyundai Gas throttle cable

I know a lot of the parts on the Hyundai are Yamaha parts. I finally have my 94 Hyundai running perfectly with a 13 hp Honda GX390 motor, until yesterday... Wife and I take a leisurely drive down to the neighbors, go to leave and as I take off the throttle cable snapped at the pedal end right where it is molded to the lead.
Anyway, long story short, I know the Yamaha cable will work but I see that there is a G9 cable and a G8 cable that seems to be specific to the G8. Anyone know which one is the right, (best) one for the Hyundai? Or a cable that will work. I just need it to go from the throttle pedal to the governor arm on the motor as I have bypassed the diff governor.
Thanks in advance for any help.
bswisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Hyundai Gas throttle cable

One of these might work to repair the existing cable.
Usually if the end of the cable snaps off its because the cable is not adjusted properly to allow full range of the pedal throw. Pressing the pedal all the way down is pulling the cable to it's limit before the pedal reaches it's stop. Most of the time this is an adjustment problem and can usually be fixed with just moving the mounting point of the cable sheath. If that's not an option, or not easy to get access to, the next thing would be to use a stop under the pedal to keep it from traveling too far for the cable.
You could also use a spring on the end of the cable where it attaches to the governor arm to allow stretch when the pedal is all the way down.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-3336-C...78113049&psc=1
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #3
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

the g 2 g9 cable sould work the g8 was not the same they copied a g2
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
bswisher
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks for the info. Instead of ordering a cable I am going to shorten the existing one. It did snap off right at the barrel on the pedal end. I have the engine end connected to the governor arm and the cable is about 67" long and only needs to be about 30". I am just going to replace the barrel end with a throttle stop.

Thanks again for the info.
bswisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts