lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #41
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Took the RoyPow plunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
17.5 miles should still have about 1/3 charge left if it's a linear decline and accurate. Also, about 90% of that driving is hills and my foot has been really heavy on the pedal since the acceleration is more fun now.

I don't know if 50 is possible, but on fairly flat roads and driving normally, I would guess that you could get close. I really won't know more until this summer when I take it to the beach.
I posted a detailed range test (flat terrain) a few months ago:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showp...5&postcount=80
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2020, 07:26 PM   #42
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Those who made the RoyPow purchase, are you still feeling good? This is my summer purchase, just a the riding season picks up. My batteries get me 6 miles and I have no intention of going back to lead acid. Everything I have read says RoyPow 105 Ah is right for me. Thanks in advance.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #43
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensidcamper View Post
Those who made the RoyPow purchase, are you still feeling good? This is my summer purchase, just a the riding season picks up. My batteries get me 6 miles and I have no intention of going back to lead acid. Everything I have read says RoyPow 105 Ah is right for me. Thanks in advance.
I'm still very happy with the RoyPow. I only drive my cart 3 or 4 miles a day, every day, which means I only put it on the charger less than once a week. And, I never have to check the battery water.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #44
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Jonr3
Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear it is still working out. I have looked at other systems and I think this one is right for me. I’m gonna pull the trigger once this virus settles down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #45
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
The SOC meter just beeped down to 3 bars during last night's run so I still haven't had to charge it since I installed it last Sunday. I wish I had a fairly level place to drive it so I could get some good data on the run time. At the beach, I usually drive about 20 miles a day - hopefully I'll try to remember to log the miles and power consumption.
Just found your thread after having already messaged you. I contacted the manufacturer asking them about discharge and awaiting a reply. However I have a 36 V 60 amp hour battery for my trolling motor and only discharging it down to 80% or 20% discharge it is lasting an extreme amount of time and performs exceptionally well. I plan to do the same with this battery.
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #46
space
Not Yet Wild

Who has the best prices on RP?
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #47
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusmotorworks View Post
Just found your thread after having already messaged you. I contacted the manufacturer asking them about discharge and awaiting a reply. However I have a 36 V 60 amp hour battery for my trolling motor and only discharging it down to 80% or 20% discharge it is lasting an extreme amount of time and performs exceptionally well. I plan to do the same with this battery.
So found out the hard way to pay close attention to the included battery bar. When it gets down to a couple bars, better charge that puppy up cause it falls off hard at the bottom. I don't log miles but this is usually after a week or two of using it at least every other day if not every. Keep in mind I'm running a high amp controller and high torque motor.

I've started making sure to charge at about four bars. Still loving it!
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:10 AM   #48
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusmotorworks View Post
So found out the hard way to pay close attention to the included battery bar. When it gets down to a couple bars, better charge that puppy up cause it falls off hard at the bottom. I don't log miles but this is usually after a week or two of using it at least every other day if not every. Keep in mind I'm running a high amp controller and high torque motor.

I've started making sure to charge at about four bars. Still loving it!
That's totally different than my experience (you can look back at my detailed review and related info from several months ago...).

I found (and still find) that each bar corresponds to almost exactly the same distance traveled, if you are driving the same way / same speed. I have a hardwired GPS that logs each trips distance, and always glance at it. Range per bar has not changed at all in my experience.

I get between 4-5 miles per bar, driving in what I'd call a mild to moderate way (not stomping it from a stop, keeping any extended speeds between 20-24 or so). I don't have hills, and drive mostly on paved roads / trails.

Obviously keeping speeds higher and always using heavy acceleration will be much less efficient (on any battery system, with any cart / motor). In my case it is a Navitas 5KW AC motor and Tac2 controller, 23" tires, stock gears.

But each of the 10 bars on my SOC meter deliver the same range, if driven the same way. It's virtually exact - you can see my miles traveled / bar in one of those earlier detailed reports. Keeping top speeds to 22.5 in my range test produced 44 miles, most of those traveled at close to that 22.5 speed. This was also months ago when it was cooler - in the 60s. Range would be a bit more in 80-90 temps.

At 38mph the bars will move down pretty quick, but they'll all move down the same.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:53 PM   #49
space
Not Yet Wild

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to pick up a 105ah? Best I can find is on Ebay for 2200ish.
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #50
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Look at #22 on this post...$1700 for 105ah. Not clear which shop it is.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=164428&page=3
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car