lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
RadRacer
Not Yet Wild

Default New Zone Cart owner, looking for Charger options

Just picked up a used 2010 48V Zone Cart. I know, someone's had one catch on fire . Anyway, it needs a new charger; the factory charger (Elcon version) is shot. Any recommendations on a 48V charger? I'm fine with it not being mounted on the cart itself. But, if I switch to a different charger, are there any electronics that need to be changed out in the cart itself? Or is it just wire the 48V to the charging outlet, and then plug the new charger in? I'm pretty electrically savy, so I don't see myself having an issue making the swap. Just curious what all will be involved before I dive into it.
RadRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
Forklift
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Zone Cart owner, looking for Charger options

me too
Forklift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:54 PM   #3
servpro
Not Yet Wild

I own one of those carts and it wasn't the charger, it was those crappy US batteries they put in them. I had mine start on fire and leak all over my garage ruining my garage floor. Switched to Trojan batteries and haven't had a problem since.

I wasn't too excited about the Elcon version chargers. I got lucky and mine came with the Delta Q charger and I have been very happy with that. My parents carts had the Elcon version. Its okay, but I have read that the Delta Q was a better charger.
servpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #4
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

I have a 2010 Star and have used the 17amp DPI Accusense charger without any issues. It works well and is a 5 stage charger which I like. I’ve heard great things about the Lester Summit onboard chargers too.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v, charger, zone
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay