lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Lift kit question

I still say that's nicer than at least 80% of what I bring home
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2020, 07:24 PM   #22
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I won't tell
What's with the MPT, that would look good lifted.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:25 PM   #23
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I still say that's nicer than at least 80% of what I bring home
The picking is getting thin around here on good ezgo's. Plenty of junk that people want 5 times more than they are worth. We are in a Bull Market for now on golf carts. Seems like everyone I talk to wants one. I think I have been trying to corner the market on these lol I now own five and don't want to sell any of them. I think it might be like buying gold
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:28 PM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
The rusted one is going to the scrap yard tomorrow. The other one I sold yesterday. Let someone else finish that project, they got a great deal. Ran like a champ just didnt look very good lol.

Moving very soon so selling off projects and carts. Cant take 'em all :) ill be happy if I can just take 1 but I'll probably have to just start over. Bummer have to build more lol
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #25
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I wonder why the pins were ground of the axle? I used to just notch the rubber in the iso mount to sit over them with a box cutter. the rest is really as simple as CP says. Mind you, i used to fabricate my own front axles before they were produced for the later style, by welding a plate on an ST style drop axle for the steering. Also in those days, i used ST spindles as they had the taller steering arms and kept all the geometry in line for the steering.
Cartmaster , the people that had this cart before I rescued it didn't know much about anything. I think they just wanted to run through the woods wide open as it showed when I took the engine apart. Almost everything was worn out. Governor spring was compressed to the limit. I knew all this before I bought it but I didn't look close at the hatchet job that had been done on front and rear axle. Oh well, all is almost good now. Thanks for posting. Tom
Old 01-28-2020, 11:49 PM   #26
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Dang StoveBolt. I am getting slower as I age

I was working on that cart for a friend. He decided he wanted to just sell it as he didn't need it anymore. I made an offer and he took it. Not sure if I made any money or not but its gone. $$$$$

You are correct though, it would have looked good lifted.

Sorry for the missed post.
I also got the front part of lift kit installed today. I got to say this product is beyond first class.
Not sure if I will work tomorrow but pictures coming soon when I get it completed. THANKS for telling me about this lift kit.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #27
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I always had good luck with Allsports. Make sure things are lined up, I start by aligning the passenger wheel straight then make sure your steering is centered by turning the steering wheel lock to lock, then adjust accordingly before you hook it up, sometimes you have to pull the steering wheel to align back to the center after you're done (if it's not centered)...then hook up and adjust the drag link for toe-in.

If you don't do it that way sometimes it will turn sharper in one direction than the other.

Don't forget the pictures.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:05 AM   #28
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Cartmaster , the people that had this cart before I rescued it didn't know much about anything. I think they just wanted to run through the woods wide open as it showed when I took the engine apart. Almost everything was worn out. Governor spring was compressed to the limit. I knew all this before I bought it but I didn't look close at the hatchet job that had been done on front and rear axle. Oh well, all is almost good now. Thanks for posting. Tom
Sorry, been away for a bit and missed your and stovebolts replies. back when i was into all this customising, there was not much available on the market in the UK, so most of what i did was fabricated by myself. Even the ST350 in my avatar was mostly a fabricated job. Home made lift kit, wheels and tyres off of a 6x4 john deere gator, a 620cc Kawasaki Vtwin, and many home made brackets and stuff. It is still going strong now, so cant have been badly built LOL. That was over 15 years ago i think. Once you have done this project, you will get hooked!

Stovebolt, I recall when you did yours and the only thing different i did then was to weld the extra brackets to the top of the drop axle, but yours was just clamped. I think i cut blocks for the rear flip from a lump of 2x2 box steel cut from a fence post LOL. The guys these days have it easy with off the shelf kits!

The other Mod, i worked out for myself was fitting a 295 head to a 350cc robin and upping the HP to around 20, I still have the cart with that engine in too. Also modding drive clutches for more torque with shorter belts etc, all done before aftermarket kits were available.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:33 AM   #29
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Sorry, been away for a bit and missed your and stovebolts replies. back when i was into all this customising, there was not much available on the market in the UK, so most of what i did was fabricated by myself. Even the ST350 in my avatar was mostly a fabricated job. Home made lift kit, wheels and tyres off of a 6x4 john deere gator, a 620cc Kawasaki Vtwin, and many home made brackets and stuff. It is still going strong now, so cant have been badly built LOL. That was over 15 years ago i think. Once you have done this project, you will get hooked!

Stovebolt, I recall when you did yours and the only thing different i did then was to weld the extra brackets to the top of the drop axle, but yours was just clamped.I think i cut blocks for the rear flip from a lump of 2x2 box steel cut from a fence post LOL. The guys these days have it easy with off the shelf kits!

The other Mod, i worked out for myself was fitting a 295 head to a 350cc robin and upping the HP to around 20, I still have the cart with that engine in too. Also modding drive clutches for more torque with shorter belts etc, all done before aftermarket kits were available.
The dropped axle I bought back then for the TXT had the spring plates welded on top and bottom, also used ST spindles.

Like this one but think they were 99 bucks back then.. https://www.golfcartgarage.com/ezgo-...ment-gas-1996/

On the ST Workhorse I just flipped the hitch receiver over to the top and mounted the springs on top of it with bolts down through for extra lift, also put a piece of rubber cut from an innertube btwn the axle and hitch receiver so it wasn't steel to steel and helped from any movement.

I too used the square steel tubing for blocks on both.. http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/rearlift2.JPG ..Great minds think alike..
Old 02-06-2020, 08:21 PM   #30
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Paint turned out great. Primed and then applied two coats of base and two coats of clear. I am slowly getting it back together.
This was absolutely the biggest piece of crap golf cart I ever had in my shop. I felt sorry for it the way it had been treated so I am bringing it back to life.
History of cart

Last Spring I needed a project and I knew where there was a cart.
I bought it for $350 which was way too much but I had a friend who needed a rear end so that is where it begin. I sold the rear end and two rear springs for almost what I give for the cart so I am now off to the races. I found a rear end later for next to nothing and bought two new rear springs when I found them on sale from amazon for cheap. They were the OEM also. Got to just wait on things and they will come most of the time.

I had bought an engine earlier in the year because I got it cheap and he brought it to my front door . Everything including two brand new manuals, muffler, S/G, brand new air box with extra filter, coil, ignitor, new looking drive clutch even got the front engine mount and most anything you can think of was included. I bought it without seeing it for $225 over the phone . Got to gamble once in a while and this buy paid off.

He had installed a Vegas Cart thing and didn't need this robbins anymore plus he just couldn't get it running right. All the engine needed was putting back in time correct and two intake valves but I did add a new OEM carburetor . Someone had installed a new timing belt but they missed the notch two teeth. Compression is now 180 and it does not smoke. Runs perfect so that's when I decided I would paint this old thing. Don't even ask me how much I got in it now but it will almost be a new cart when I get it finished and I will have me a nice cart for myself.
I got the 4 inch lift installed that was recommended by StoveBolt . Great lift .
I will continue to add pictures as I make progress. Not sure how long but I hope I get it done this year lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0173[1].jpg (184.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg all sport.jpg (140.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0889[1].jpg (159.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO