lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #11
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: A question...

Wonder what his amp draw was and how far down his driveway
he got if at all?
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #12
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

He was a golf pro who took video of his clients swing, than wanted to play back on a monitor to evaluate the golfers performance. Its still working fine. I heard that some retired engineers in Florida set up their carts for 110vac in case of power outages, gotta keep that beer cold.
Enjoy the adventure.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #13
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Hey Buster Brown, LabRat thanks for chiming in with your posts.
Checked out the video programming the speedo..and thanks for the gps cell speed check...

This here kid would like to learn how to do this..

In my setting precise speedo readings not all that crucial...but would be good
to know.

Phil what is the accuracy difference between the Sirius speedo and the Magellan
Star Classic's speedo?

Thanks guys
I do not know the difference, however the Sirius speedo follows much close to my cell phone GPS, then the other style.
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #14
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
He was a golf pro who took video of his clients swing, than wanted to play back on a monitor to evaluate the golfers performance. Its still working fine. I heard that some retired engineers in Florida set up their carts for 110vac in case of power outages, gotta keep that beer cold.
Enjoy the adventure.
I have always thought of the batteries in my cart as a power bank if needed during a black out. never had a need to try it, plus I have a portable 5200 watt generator.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:33 PM   #15
Buster Brown ret.
Not Yet Wild

Star

Hi Phil, Lab, and Cart
I had so much trouble with my cart (LSV) within the first months of ownership, I contacted a Lemon Law attorney. Complete shutdown due to a voltage problem multiple times. Long story short, three Trojan T105 replaced under warranty. I was emailing the heck out of everyone at JH Global. I must have been added to the dealers email portal is how I got the YouTube link. I emailed their tech guy with a question about it. Opps that was the end of that..lol I agree with the excessive things on golf carts now a days. Some auxiliary led lights and a sound tube is all I added. One thing that has worked out great is my small lithium battery power pack. With the electrical problems I was having under warranty, I didn’t want to hear “oh it because you did that.” Everything runs off the battery pack.👍👍
Buster Brown ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:01 PM   #16
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Buster, I have seen batteries drop out on new carts. Their tech department doesn't usually work with customers directly. My experience in dealing with JH Global on warranty and problem resolution has been fairly good, but I work for a dealer.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #17
Spenda864
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown ret. View Post
Hi Phil, Lab, and Cart
I had so much trouble with my cart (LSV) within the first months of ownership, I contacted a Lemon Law attorney. Complete shutdown due to a voltage problem multiple times. Long story short, three Trojan T105 replaced under warranty. I was emailing the heck out of everyone at JH Global. I must have been added to the dealers email portal is how I got the YouTube link. I emailed their tech guy with a question about it. Opps that was the end of that..lol I agree with the excessive things on golf carts now a days. Some auxiliary led lights and a sound tube is all I added. One thing that has worked out great is my small lithium battery power pack. With the electrical problems I was having under warranty, I didn’t want to hear “oh it because you did that.” Everything runs off the battery pack.👍👍
When I was looking to buy my new Star, I actually called Star directly on two occassions and was able to get some valuable info that helped me decide what to purhcase, etc. They were fairly forthcoming about some issues they had with the Sirius but beleived they were working them out.

After some research (which included comments on here from Phil), I went with a new Classic. It has the AC motor like the Sirius but is the same as these carts have been for many years now.

I would like to add LED lighting across the back of the roof for increased visbility. Mine is an LSV and I live in town so I won't be running around a nighborhood all that time. I figure increased visibility is a must. Where did you install your aux lights? What kind of power pack did you use?
Spenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #18
Buster Brown ret.
Not Yet Wild

Star

Spenda, I have enclosed a link from YouTube of a battery pack comparison. Just wired everything to the blank switch panel on the Golf Cart. You can order the switches (esupport cxcp167r) that snap in on Amazon. Used a fused (10 amp fuse )cigarette lighter plug for the switch feeds, and plugged into the battery pack. I lined the two compartment on each side of the instrument panel with non slip matt, and it just lays in there. Easy to remove and recharge, but surprisingly last quite a while between charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8A2nIMUWA

Last edited by Buster Brown ret.; 11-19-2019 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-19-2019, 09:55 PM   #19
Buster Brown ret.
Not Yet Wild

Star

For lights I added two Auxbeam led 4” flood pods up front mounted on a piece of 1” light steel tubing mounted to the frame. At the corner where the front bumper wrap around to the wheel wells on each side I made a plastic bracket with 3/4” led amber marker lights. Bringing up the rear I drilled holes in the step and mounted two 3/4” led red marker lights. With the plastic step I was able to fish the wiring internally. It all turned out really well, get an assortment of 3/8”-1/2” flexible plastic conduit from Harbor Freight and it will look as good as anything Star would do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay