lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2020, 08:26 AM   #71
rib33024

Default Re: My new hot rod . . . golf cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Jeff it's a Club Car frame with Ezgo rear end? Well at least the picture shows it being a Ezgo. I like how the stretched it in the front.
If Andy is talking about the cart Jeff is building? It does not look like a club car frame. Looks like rust on the frame. And the rear end in jeff's build looks like a club car rear end with the motor on the passenger side. Great work Jeff. Keep the pics coming
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #72
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
Today, I stripped off all of the electronics and suspension and started getting the chassis ready for paint. So, the chassis is sitting on a dolly in the driveway and there is a mess in my garage. Pieces to the puzzle are everywhere.

I also began media blasting pieces to get them ready for paint. So far I have blasted the headlight buckets, rear leaf springs, upper a-arms, rear u-bolts and brackets.
Tell me your keeping those GORGEOUS wheels in the first pic for the finished ride.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #73
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
If Andy is talking about the cart Jeff is building? It does not look like a club car frame. Looks like rust on the frame. And the rear end in jeff's build looks like a club car rear end with the motor on the passenger side. Great work Jeff. Keep the pics coming
True. Is it VERY close to a Club Car DS frame. Nearly a copy, but it is made of steel . . . and rust. I've been working on it this morning. Blasted it, doing a little rust grinding and getting it ready for primer.

The rear end is a little unique as well. Definitely similar to a Club Car. Same spline pattern but a little different than any rear end that I have here. Subtle differences. Enough to say it is ACG's proprietary rearend. Probably made by the same company that makes Club Cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Tell me your keeping those GORGEOUS wheels in the first pic for the finished ride.
Do you mean the first pic of that post? Those are 12" Godfathers and I am not planning on using them in the final build. Those are actually for my dads cart. I just put them on because the original tires weren't holding air. I am hoping to go wide whitewalls and steel wheels from Coker Tire with baby moons.

Thanks to all for following along!
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #74
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Well you don't know your rear ends very well then sir. Club car rear ends don't have the castle nuts and cotter keys to hold the rear hubs on to the axles...
Ezgo rear ends do.

Yes it may not be a club car frame. It look's like it though in the picture. The front is based on CC with the 2 center I beams and the front pockets shaped as they are with the band going across them. Sorry I even mentioned it Jeff. Buy club car parts for the rear end, it then should work fine I guess according to rib33024!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear end jeff.jpg (244.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg jeffs frame.jpg (300.8 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #75
rib33024

Just what I figured, Andy would come back with a smartass remark. What a joke Great build Jeff sorry about Andy. He's been like this lately.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #76
rib33024

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
True. Is it VERY close to a Club Car DS frame. Nearly a copy, but it is made of steel . . . and rust. I've been working on it this morning. Blasted it, doing a little rust grinding and getting it ready for primer.

The rear end is a little unique as well. Definitely similar to a Club Car. Same spline pattern but a little different than any rear end that I have here. Subtle differences. Enough to say it is ACG's proprietary rearend. Probably made by the same company that makes Club Cars.
Yes Jeff the rear is a little different when you look closer at it. The frame is like a hot rod frame with the C channel and being steel. First time I have seen one of these with the body off. Looks like your going to have a great hot rod when your done
Old 05-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #77
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yes Jeff the rear is a little different when you look closer at it. The frame is like a hot rod frame with the C channel and being steel. First time I have seen one of these with the body off. Looks like your going to have a great hot rod when your done
Nah, no worries. Settle down boys. It's got a little of both worlds (EZGo and Club Car) so your both right sorta. But it definitely appears that ACG didn't want to use any OFFICIAL part that came from another manufacturer. Looks like they sourced them from the same vendors but changed them up a little.

I did slide a Club Car DS Plum Quick motor that I had in the garage onto the rear end and it slid straight onto the splines. Holes lined up too so the center of the rear end is definitely Club Car. Brake and throttle pedal also look like they came straight off of a DS.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #78
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

My dad may have finally given this build an official nickname...

CartRod it is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 476B3050-09C9-4A4D-A40D-3726916867F6.jpg (42.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2020, 06:23 AM   #79
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I like it
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #80
jeffg1010
Gone Wild

Club Car

So, perhaps its time for an update. There have been a few changes so here goes.

The chassis is painted. Mostly silver aluminum with some black and a few orange accents. Just finished bolting on the suspension today.

The body is complete. Dash came out to my liking so it is painted. I finished the patina also and I have one more coat of clear to finish it off. May hold off on those photos for now.

Also ordered a ton of parts for the build. Radio, shifter, speakers, sub, ignition, USB plug and most importantly ... rims, tires, beauty rings and center caps. Every thing has arrived except the rims and tires. It has to be ready (in some form) in two and a half weeks for our beach trip. So, the push is on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 866DBB31-F0D7-4D94-A4C3-F44CDC67BBC8.jpg (249.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 715DBD46-1EB4-4134-B5B1-5868CB784DD7.jpg (180.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 381C865D-0D67-4855-AAEC-D9BCD43A82C2.jpg (244.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides