lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #121
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Allied Lithium drop in batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
For your application I can see using a 12V marine battery but for most applications, a voltage converter is better. No Lead Acid battery to fool with, my use for 12V is minimal - LED turn signals, brake lights, occasional use of LED headlamps. Voltage converter also runs my home built BMS.
yeah my total draw is only 24 watts max, kind of hard to justify it totally separate battery just for that
dubzga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2020, 09:50 AM   #122
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you have a winch or a high power sound system then you need an aux battery to run them. It is hard to find a voltage converter for high amp draw like what is required for a winch.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #123
DaveTM
Gone Wild

All good and valid points. I guess it's really the winch that puts me over to the dark side.

I use that winch every time I take the cart somewhere....hunting...fishing etc. And on occasion when I get a little to rambunctious .......and get the cart really stuck.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:21 AM   #124
JY07
Not Yet Wild

We were gifted an ancient G2-E (with what I assume is an equally ancient Lestronic II charger) a few years ago, and the Trojan T-105 batteries look to be on their last leg this year.

Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to swap those out for 3 of these allied batteries? All of the shops don't list anything prior to G14, but I'm hoping it's just because they don't have a charger available with the correct plug. Based on the posts in here (and the other allied threads), it seems like the existing charger should work as long as I don't leave it plugged in forever.

Since our course doesn't allow personal carts, we really only use ours to drive down to the course and back, and putz around town/go to the park. Since we aren't using it much, it would be nice if we didn't have to have it always plugged in with the lead batteries: it looks like on some sites the 40ah allied batteries are about the same cost as replacing the trojans, so assuming it was a simple drop in it seems like a no brainer
JY07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #125
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

I thought I would provide an update. I've had the Allied 80ah for a three months now.

I get a lot more range even with a PQ Bandit. Only issue is the state of charge (SOC) meter that came with the batteries is suspect at best.

The instructions stated to run the cart and "let it rest for 15 min" in order to see the true SOC.

Yesterday I ran mine hard through hilly terrain (stock controller) for a total of 9 miles per my google maps app. When I got home it read 40%. I kept it off the charger overnight and this morning it read 81%.

Way back when I first noticed this I reached out to Allied's support team. They said these batteries are like computers and the ions had to settle. If they say so...

So I keep up with distance on my app instead of looking at the SOC meter.

I've found if I run it hard for about 10 miles, I'm roughly looking at 75% left depending on passengers. Total guess but that's how I have to think given the SOC situation.
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #126
Lainiest
Not Yet Wild

I bought and installed these Allied Lithium batteries last summer. I have had a horrible experience. Sometimes the cart ran great. Sometimes it just quits running. Sometimes it will not take a charge. I have had it to a repair shop 2 times. Once it was a reverse polarity issue on one of the batteries. It ran for a minute and stalled. I got the cart out of storage this weekend and the batteries are dead and will not take a charge. I am trying to get in touch with Allied. These batteries have been a horrible experience and I would never recommend them.
Lainiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:06 AM   #127
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainiest View Post
I bought and installed these Allied Lithium batteries last summer. I have had a horrible experience. Sometimes the cart ran great. Sometimes it just quits running. Sometimes it will not take a charge. I have had it to a repair shop 2 times. Once it was a reverse polarity issue on one of the batteries. It ran for a minute and stalled. I got the cart out of storage this weekend and the batteries are dead and will not take a charge. I am trying to get in touch with Allied. These batteries have been a horrible experience and I would never recommend them.
That's really ashamed that you've had this kind of trouble with what is marketed as a "drop in" unit. I would hope Allied will stand behind their product and do you right.

Keep us posted on how this works out.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #128
hsfowler
Not Yet Wild

Any updates here? Main thing I am trying to figure out is if it will handle high torque setups. Are there still people having cutout issues? I’m currently pondering batteries and even though these are pricy it’s not too bad for lithium. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hsfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:07 PM   #129
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfowler View Post
Any updates here? Main thing I am trying to figure out is if it will handle high torque setups. Are there still people having cutout issues? I’m currently pondering batteries and even though these are pricy it’s not too bad for lithium. Thoughts?

Mine have been great with the Alltrax 400. Their 60ah and above can handle HO controllers

Probably had over 100 charge cycles with that setup by now
dubzga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:02 PM   #130
hsfowler
Not Yet Wild

Out of curiosity what are you charging them with? Are you running an aftermarket motor with the 400A Alltrax? Where did you get them from? What size do you have? Sorry for the questions lol

hsfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car