lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
Mrsneed31
Not Yet Wild

Wink Melex 412 no forward/reverse action

Good morning, I have a Melex 412 and know nothing but would like to learn. I have removed batteries and cleaned them, solenoid clicks and cart make noise when gas pedal is pressed but I have no motion. I have no idea what to check for. We pulled the motor and it took to mechanic and he states that is looks great and brushes are great, solenoid was replaced last year. Thanks for your assistance. I would love a wiring diagram and maybe I could figure some things out.
Mrsneed31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
Mrsneed31
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Melex 412 no forward/reverse action

i have checked the power and the solenoid is reading correctly but no power is going to the motor I dont think.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Melex should be wired exactly like the Ezgo of the same year
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
Mrsneed31
Not Yet Wild

Ok I bypassed the contoller and motor works, gas pedal too. I think its my controller. Can it be repaired or just replaced?
Old 11-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsneed31 View Post
Ok I bypassed the contoller and motor works, gas pedal too. I think its my controller. Can it be repaired or just replaced?
Repaired controllers do not last long before the next little internal part fails, after all it is 20 yr old electronics. You can replace with Alltrax SR48300 controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:38 AM   #6
teddlipka
Not Yet Wild

I am having similar issues with my 412. I removed my Curtis motor controller (Model 1204-017), but clearly the connections are different from the Alltrax you suggest. Is there a way to have the controller tested before I drop $400 on a new one? If I get the Alltrax, can you advise on how to connect it? My Curtis provides no clues as to what cables go where.
teddlipka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #7
teddlipka
Not Yet Wild

So, Scott provided me with great help with this offline. To show my gratitude (and keep people from making him repeat himself), I'm posting his guidance (filtered through my experience) below:

1. The cable from the Curtis A2 to the 6 o'clock position on the Forward & Reverse (F&R) switch becomes obsolete. You can remove it or just tape it off.

2. The other cables match up one-for-one. The terminal on the Curtis is imprinted with its function (e.g. B+, B-, M-) as are my cables. Be sure to include the smaller black wire from the B- (if present) along with the cable.

3. Regarding the three smaller terminal wires (Red, Blue, Black) attached consecutively to the Curtis, the red one goes to the red terminal at J1, and the blue and black can be attached in any order to J4 and J5.

I was not able to mount the new controller where the old one was located with the existing cables. However, I was able to hook everything up and just let the controller rest on the motor given the clearance on my seat. I will surely relocate to a more suitable permanent position, but that will at least get me back on the road.
teddlipka is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex