lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
pdad
Not Yet Wild

Question Series motor - "S" and "A" post wiring

I have an '89 Marathon 36V with solid state controller and series motor. All the electrical diagrams I am seeing have the motor connected opposite of the way mine is. The cart runs and has run since I bought it 1.5 years ago. Not understanding why it seems to work like this.

Basically my FNR "A" post is wired to the controller A2 but this is then connected to S2 on my motor (instead of A2 as diagrams show). FNR "B" post is connected to motor A1, FNR "C" post is connected to controller M-, as it should be. FNR "D" is wired to motor A2 (instead of motor S1/S2). B- on controller is connected to battery pack "-" and controller B+ is connected to solenoid.

Not understanding why cart is working when A and S connections are basically opposite of wiring diagrams. Can any help me understand why this works?

Thanks....
pdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Series motor - "S" and "A" post wiring

More than one way to skin a cat. It can be wired several ways successfully.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:01 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

In the way of an explanation, it is a series circuit (IE: single current path between B- and B+), so the various components can be arranged in several different sequences and still work properly.

The purpose of the F/R switch is to change the direction of current flow through either the armature or stator windings so the motor's output shaft spins in the opposite direction when the F/R is set to F than it does with the F/R set to R.

In addition, the selector lever ought to match the direction the cart travels, so that narrows the number of proper working possibilities down to four, or at least that is my guesstimate without drawing out the various circuits on paper.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
pdad
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info guys! Guess as long as the cart goes as and where planned, all is good :)
Old 09-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Print out the diagram and label it the way you have it. That will help you figure out future problems. You'll have'em.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #6
pdad
Not Yet Wild

On an '89 - prob lots of troubles in my future. TY for the tip of labeling drawing to match mine - great idea!
Old 09-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm an engineer. If it ain't broke, it just don't got enough features.

I'm behind on updating my diagrams in Visio, but what ain't in Visio, is on crude sketches.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO