lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #1
johnca99
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with Big Block upgrade on EZGO Gas

I have a EZGO Gas cart with 4" lift, larger tires and but it's still got the stock engine. I'm looking for the best advice to either purchase a Big Block upgrade kit, or a place to take the cart in Austin TX to install the bests option Big Block upgrade kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My main priority is speed, secondarily would be power. Hoping for over 30+ MPH.
johnca99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 04:04 AM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Big Block upgrade on EZGO Gas

Vegas Carts or Cart Parts Plus offer very nice engine kits, depending on your model of cart. I opted for the Vegas Carts 625cc 23hp kit but they also offer a 460cc 25hp kit that revs higher.

To get more speed with the 625cc kit I installed taller axle gearing. Now the cart will do 35mph and still pull a coal train uphill. The 625 feels like a locomotive engine compared to the stock engine.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnca99 View Post
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My main priority is speed, secondarily would be power. Hoping for over 30+ MPH.
Having a machine that goes over 35 mph -- my main priority is control -- this is 2 fold. Most cart steering isn't designed for that speed especially jacked up 6 inches over the normal platform. Most carts have brakes that are OK with the stock engine. IMO The true options for good brakes on a cart don't exist. I built a system of 4 hydraulic disc brakes with cable operated parking brakes.
So to sum it all up -- if you go fast - you have to stop fast. Same with the quality of handling - does it get squirrelly at high speeds??
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #4
muffindrvr
Not Yet Wild

Has anybody ever used the Harbor Freight 22 horsepower 672 CC Predator engine in one I'm thinking about putting one in my 1993 EZGO Marathon
muffindrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:44 AM   #5
Bean3673
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I have the VC460 in my club car hi speed gears installed. I had a 4"lift and 22" tires to start with. The thing would run like a striped @ss raped ape would get all kinds of squirrely ran upwards of 38 by GPS but was to scary to drive that way. I dropped mine back to stock height and swapped springs it drives much better now but dropping the tire size back to 18" really knocked the top end down but I can live with it that way. It will pull like a mule and still runs over 30mph best of both worlds.
Bean3673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!