lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #21
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g2 with Polaris trailblazer front struts and hubs with brakes

I'll have some more pictures tomorrow. I won't get to the start work on the cart until mid April, though. I keep the cart at my cottage and it's so far into the bush that I can't get to it until all the snow and flooding is gone.
Yamahama is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #22
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g2 with Polaris trailblazer front struts and hubs with brakes

Picked up my quad front half today. Got it and some Polaris 10" rims with some garbage tires on them.

One of the control arms is bent, unfortunately; can't decide if I want to buy new arms or straighten the bent one and reinforce the arms. Any suggestions? I'll direct post the picture when I'm not on my phone

picture link
Old 03-15-2016, 10:42 PM   #23
cfherrman
Gone Wild

When your favorite tool is a hammer, all your problems look like nails
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:53 PM   #24
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
When your favorite tool is a hammer, all your problems look like nails
Indeed. I'm on the lookout for a replacement control arm. I guess what I'm asking is should I reinforce the replacement arm and the arm on the other side and maybe add some kind of skid plate?

How does everyone else protect their control arms from rocks, trees, stumps, etc? Or would running 25" tires generally keep the arms high enough to avoid damage?
Old 03-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #25
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Usually they have liutle plastic deflection plates on a arms, just look at any new 4 wheeler or side by side. Might want to make a safari bar or something, might check the clearance when you are done as well.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:05 PM   #26
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
Usually they have liutle plastic deflection plates on a arms, just look at any new 4 wheeler or side by side. Might want to make a safari bar or something, might check the clearance when you are done as well.
Thanks. Maybe I'll weld some angled plates to the bottom of the control arms. Is a safari bar some kind of bumper?
Old 03-16-2016, 10:19 PM   #27
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Ya just google it, its a simpler version of a rock crawling bar and smaller then a grill guard
Old 03-19-2016, 05:05 PM   #28
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Build Progress thread

I can confirm that the Gator clutch has the 30mm 1:10 golf cart taper. Fits the clutch adapter perfectly. I'm just shipping for metal to attach my Polaris front end. So far, for simplicity, I'm going mount the Polaris frame to the existing control arm mounts on my cart similar to hitch receiver method.

I'm using 2"x2" .188 wall square tubing from left to right between the control arm mounts. Then a section of 5"x5" .250 square tubing mounted front to back welded to both Polaris frame on one side and to the bottom of the 2x2 tubing on the other side. Still haven't figured out how to tie the top of the Polaris frame into the G2 but I'll likely use some 1 1/2" .250 angle to tie the Polaris frame into the G2 upper cross piece. It'll be more clear when get some pictures of my progress.

I'm also going to make up some extension pieces for the Polaris steering arms to both move the tie rod back and lengthen the arms on the struts to correct steering throw.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #29
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Or baja bar, that is the one the tubes go down under the front so if you hit something they slide you up and over the obstacle. I was always going to do one but never have found anything it would hit since the tires are about ahead of the frame anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #30
Yamahama
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Here are a few more pictures of what I'm working with. It's seen better says but seems solid and should clean up nice with some paint.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides