lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
nickt2020
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 Bad Boy Buggy Troubleshoot

I recently acquired a 2006 Bad Boy Buggy. I was told that it ran three weeks before I pick it up but it does not run now. The solenoids fire with each switch (F/R, Brake, 4WD) but nothing happens when I push the accelerator pedal. I have taken off and cleaned every connection to make sure that was not the problem. I did take the front motor out because of a broken S2 terminal.

I called the local BBB dealer to see if they could diagnose the controller but they were very unhelpful. After calling other dealers in the area, one guy told me to check the voltage between B- and A and then B+ and A. He said the voltage should be the same between these terminals. is this correct?

The voltage between B- and A was 19v.
The voltage between B+ and A was 30v.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this system/controller I would greatly appreciate it.

I have some electrical background and should be able to follow any suggestions yall may have. Thanks.
nickt2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
fishin redneck
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: 06 Bad Boy Buggy Troubleshoot

In kinda the same boat .
Sure would be nice if the was a trouble shooting section on these kind of things regardless of the brand they are mostly the same .
fishin redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #3
nickt2020
Not Yet Wild

I'm thinking that part of my problem may be the ITS throttle control in the floor. I read one post that said the ITS should read 0-4v but there were no replies confirming that.

At rest I'm getting 13v across the ITS and 9v with the pedal completely pressed to the floor. Does anybody know if that means I have a bad ITS?

I believe there is a recall on the ITS throttle so I'm going to call around and see if I can find a dealer that will replace it.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
nickt2020
Not Yet Wild

fishin redneck, I attached a wiring diagram that was given to me by the previous owner of the buggy. I don't know how accurate it is but I thought I would share it anyway. Hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (176.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have heard they are similar to ezgo so you can try this
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...agnostics.html
i have also read where the ITS can get out of adjustment...dont know in your case but something to check for.
Your next alternative and maybe best is to check each individual component works separately like switches, solenoids and motors (process of elimination).
I found a manual online for free for a curtis controller so u may search your controller mfr to see if they offer one.
I hope the best for you.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
nickt2020
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply Epd. I will definitely test the ITS from your link.

I'm in the process of testing each component now. So far everything seems to be working correctly. I'm beginning to think it's the ITS or the controller. Hopefully I can rule out the ITS with your link.

This cart has a Navitas DSE-1000-HF3 controller. I did contact Navitas and they sent me a manual for it. But, it looks like you need a ProBit Programmer to really diagnose it. I found one for $50 that I'm thinking about getting, but I don't know how to use it or how find BBB specific programming instructions. I'm probably going to risk the $50 and get the programmer. From what I've seen $50 is a good deal for it. Thanks again for the reply.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
HOTROD1300
Not Yet Wild

Let me know how the programer works out i have a 06 that the engine brake dosent work in forward but works in reverse
i mite could diagnose it with one of those
HOTROD1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
ncorry
Getting Wild

Our 2006 BBB Classic has two Sevcon 633T45312 controllers. I haven't heard of these, but assume they are similar to the Navitas controller???
ncorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #9
marktz96
Not Yet Wild

TTT I need help with this
marktz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:58 PM   #10
ncorry
Getting Wild

OK, I'm back to having some issues with my buddy's 2006 BBB Classic (maybe an 2007- Sepex, two controllers). The wiring diagram above Only shows one controller, so the one I'm working on is very different. It has two Sevcon 633T45312 controllers. Anyone know anything about these? Top speed has recently dropped about 5-8 mph and the rear motor/ drive seems to be the culprit. When on jacks, the front seems to be spinning almost twice as fast as the rear tires. New set of Interstate batteries testing about 52.0+ across the pack.

Dang, I wish he would've listened to me and just got a 2WD and we could've done it right from the start.
ncorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts