lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 06:14 AM   #11
Biaviian
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I want an "always on" USB port(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Chill out. Without knowing which Bluetooth speaker he has you have no idea how much current itís drawing. The myth is that all Bluetooth speakers are small and underpowered. Another myth is that the OP wonít find he wants some other 12v accessory sometime soon.
They sent me a wonderfully worded private message telling me that I am propagating myths and untruths, justifying the snarkiness.. I guess asking a question is the same as making a statement about a myth. I think this person is a little too self-absorbed. You can tell that by the post about being an aerospace engineer.

"The snarkiness is warranted when people propagate myths and untruths. I'm an Engineer. It about numbers. Certain things warrant an opinion such as 36V vs 48V. Everyone has different preferences, which is fine. Telling someone they shouldn't drive their cart because one tire is 0.5 psi down is unwarranted. Its the same as telling someone they shouldn't run their bluetooth speaker because it will damage their GIANT battery pack.

You asked for help. The only response you got was not good information. I was trying to get you the truth. I'll leave you and your forum alone.

Scott"

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Biaviian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 08:59 AM   #12
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, thatís where he is wrong for sure, the shi**y attitude is never warranted. As probably most of us are, Iím on a few other forums for different things, and this one is by far the best, as far as the combination of knowledge and membersí desire to help. Some people enjoy being on a forum just to show others how smart they are. Itís not like that here, which is one of the things that makes it so enjoyable to be a part of.
The bad part is he might not actually be wrong. Iím certainly not an engineer, and definitely not an expert when it comes to carts. I was kind of alluding to his point in my initial response with the comment about needing to know the draw of whatever it is youíre going to have running. I figured one of our experts here would chime in with some attitude free, legitimate help. They always do. Anyway, good riddance to that guy if thatís how he likes to help. He can find somewhere else to try and build his ego.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #13
mgas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It was NEVER directed at you Biaviian. You asked a fair question. You didn't do anything wrong or propagate anything. You were just looking for information. I was trying to stop wrong information before it got propagated further.

Not self absorbed. Just experienced. But you can call me anything you like. People just don't like to be wrong. Just run the numbers. orangeman6 could be right. You could have a Mega Watt speaker, a Beer cooler, and a Disco ball all running at the same time. Still, run the math. Maybe you will need to switch batteries every 6 months instead :)

But you did say you wanted an "always on" USB port. Since USB 2.0 is usually rated for 500 mA and USB 3.0 is 1A, all my statements and math still work out to NOT damaging your batteries which is what I was trying to convey.
mgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO