lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2020, 07:42 PM   #1
Aaronb23
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Stealth patriot

Need to replace a few parts on this 2009 stealth patriot. Is there a wheel bearing that is available from an auto parts store?
Aaronb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:12 PM   #2
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Stealth patriot

My Apache struts use 2 of the 6207RDL sealed bearings in each strut. You can pick these up online or there are several Stealth parts dealers that have them as well. If you plan on using the supplied zerk fitting on the strut to grease them, you have to remove the seal on one side of each bearing and install the 2 unsealed sides facing each other.

Southern Stealth Parts LLC
(985) 241-5345
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:20 PM   #3
Aaronb23
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you
Aaronb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Your welcome! And just so you know, I am not connected in any way with Southern Stealth.

It just so happened that I made my first purchase from them today. I was slowly going across a rough field and dropped my drivers side wheel in a stump hole. The ball in the ball joint at the bottom of the strut popped out and when the wheel went back against the wheel well it snapped the tie rod end coming out of the rack. I figured I'd have to get a new strut assembly but the guy at Southern said I could just replace the ball joint. He had the tie rod end as well. Let me tell you, getting the old ball joint housing out of the bottom of that strut was a job!
Old 05-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Yes, I also have a patriot and same thing happened. Hard to get that thing out.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #6
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had a choice, a little over $200 for the lower strut assembly or a little over $30 for the new ball joint. If it happens again, I will gladly spend the $200. I had to chisel that thing out, a little chip at a time.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:02 PM   #7
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

A heads up on the new strut assemblies. The guy at Southern said they're getting their stuff from Renegade. So if you replace a strut, it won't say Stealth on it like our originals, but will say Imaginative Manufacturing. You can see them on the Stealth Parts page at the link below.

http://www.renegadedistributing.com/photo-gallery.html

Tags
4x4, parts, patriot, stealth
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts