lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #11
rogersta
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin won't go over 5 mph

Maybe I am the only one left on this forum, but I will post anyway. Speed sensor was bad and cost about $170.

Looks like there is hope for Tomberlin owners when parts are NLA if they have the cost tolerance. There is a way convert using the existing 48v system and motor, but pretty much having to replace everything else with EZ GO parts (pedal assemblies, controller etc...). Once done parts are much more reliable and readily accessible.
rogersta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #12
LSVguy
Not Yet Wild

You're not the only one out there...I have a 2013 Emerge LE and just started having the same problem. Yesterday it would go a few feet and stop. I put it in speed 2 and it was ok. This morning it won't go forward in any speed.

I'll have to check for the codes as stated above.

Frustrating as I had a 2010 and had no problems at all.

This one has 42 miles on it...
LSVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
LSVguy
Not Yet Wild

Just checked...no flashing codes so back to square one.
LSVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #14
rogersta
Not Yet Wild

I am assuming the 2013 have the Curtis Controller. The key should be on and the tow/run switch in run position to get the status light.

If you go to the Tomberlin site under consumer info you can download the maintenance manual which describes the procedure for testing the accelerator using a volt meter. It should read 0V when not pressed and increase as it is depressed until floored for max of 5V.
rogersta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #15
hardyt@windstream.net
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar problem with a 2010 Tomberlin E-Merge that I just acquired. Cart will start out like gangbusters, then after 100-200 feet it's like someone flipped a switch and the cart slows to a crawl. Flipping the headlight on, then off causes a surge of speed for a second or two, then it slows to a crawl again. It will run full speed in reverse and doesn't shut down like it dies in forward. Anyone have any ideas?
hardyt@windstream.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:18 AM   #16
razor1
Gone Wild

Before you start tearing apart your cart, make sure it's not in limp mode. This can happen if the run the batteries really low. Follow these instructions to get out of limp mode:

1. The batteries should be charged up.
2. Plug in charger and unplug quickly. 5-10 seconds
3. Turn key on then off.
4. Plug in charger for 1 min. or longer then unplug.
5. This should take care of resetting the controller.
6. Test drive if not correct repeat above.
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #17
JayLow123
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

i have the same issue but after reversing and the forward again no issues. I suspect it will reappear. Possibly the speed sensor on the motor or throttle pot.

I have changed speed sensor once before.

I think PAR Car took over Tomberlin. Very nice folks. In this forum someone posted all the info needed and who to contact.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #18
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Guys,
I'm looking for a little direction.
I have an 09 Vanish.
Battery voltage is good.
The vehicle may start out running fine but will slow down ad possible start surging and bucking.
Pushing the pedal may do nothing at first and the it will take off or surge again.
Resetting power may or may not help.
Your help would be greatly appreciated
rstacy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:32 AM   #19
JayLow123
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Ok, so doing a little research I found out a few things about the speed sensor.

1.) 1 blinking light followed by 3 blinking lights on the controller means speed sensor fault.
2.) if it happens, push the cart by hand. if the regen brake is not kicking in then the speed sensor is bad. push backwards, if back up alert is not beeping then the speed sensor is bad.
3.) If the speed sensor wires are red, blue and black its made in china. red green and blue are wires are much better. (should be able to be pulled off of any "Advanced Motors Inc" motor.
JayLow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:58 PM   #20
JCokc
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

rogersta, has your cart continued worked fine since you replaced the speed sensor? I'm having the same issue.
JCokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin