lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
mrdills2
Not Yet Wild

Zone

Default Re: How do we speed it up?

I agree, I have seen speeds at 26 also, I have only 380 miles on mine and like you said maybe it will keep getting better. LOL
mrdills2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #22
snookwheel
Not Yet Wild

We have 400+ on our 2009 E4 48ss and see 26 mph. Never more. It is able to hit 26 on the straight and level, but you can feel the braking kick in if it tries to go above that.

We did have a period of time where we were only hitting 23mph. I could tell a front brake was binding. Dealer fixed it right up. Check how hot your brakes are getting (CAREFULLY!) if you have a low max speed issue.
snookwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #23
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookwheel View Post
We have 400+ on our 2009 E4 48ss and see 26 mph. Never more. It is able to hit 26 on the straight and level, but you can feel the braking kick in if it tries to go above that.

We did have a period of time where we were only hitting 23mph. I could tell a front brake was binding. Dealer fixed it right up. Check how hot your brakes are getting (CAREFULLY!) if you have a low max speed issue.
Also, check the alignment if new and not getting top speed. I wore a tire out in the first 300 miles. The dealer aligned and put 2 new front tires on it under warranty. That's the only issue I have had with mine so far.
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #24
MoparTim
Not Yet Wild

To check how hot your breaks are getting go to Harbor Freight and buy a Non-Contact Laser Thermometer. The are on sale for about $30. I have one and it works great.
MoparTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #25
Aka1ceman
Not Yet Wild

2007 and 2008 Use General Electric Controllers. Program and wiring can be purchased from here... http://home.paonline.com/rmeyer32/TomberlinEV.html
2010 Models use a Curtis Programmer. Model 1314 PC Programming Station, or the hand held programmer. This weekend Tomberlin did a show where the Tomberlin Techs had a 2010 E merge model up to 42 miles per hour. My understanding is that it was done with the Curtis Hand held. Curtis programmers go for around $500. Im not sure on the software version. If you use the software version, you will need a special wiring dongle to connect the PC to the car. The gentleman who's link is above is in the process of providing the stuff needed for the Curtis Controllers.
* From what techs have stated, that the 48SS has the same controller but with a performance program in it. It makes it 0 to 25 a little faster. All the other E Merge can be programmed with the same program.
Aka1ceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #26
satfrx
Getting Wild

Hi guys,

There is a thread about programming the Curtis equipment.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...roller-13.html

Regards,

Edwin
satfrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #27
Torey G
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Aka1ceman,
I just my purchased my cables and software from... http://home.paonline.com/rmeyer32/TomberlinEV.html
have you used in on a 2008 E2? I'll have to use a 9 pin to USB converter.
Torey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #28
Torey G
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Software arrived and works great. It took 2 hours to set up and them I could see all of my settings in my controller. Reset speed from 200 to 255.
Torey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #29
Timdelta
Getting Wild

Tomberlin

So what speed do you get now?
Timdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 AM   #30
snookwheel
Not Yet Wild

I am curious about the top speed too. In reading all the posts about speeding these up, it still is not clear if there is a significant speed increase on straight and level roads. What is clear is that when on a down hill slope, some folks seem to be able to get 28 -30 out of the carts. Is that just the regen. braking not kicking in as soon?

So I guess the question is: What kind of increase in top speed has been attained on a straight and level road?
snookwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin