lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
farrbar
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: LSV Cart insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by natvtxn27 View Post
I was quoted the off-road first, but when I clarified my request (i.e. not a golf cart) I received the right insurance. It states On-Road LSV.
Glad to hear that your covered. It seems that the insurance companies (and the department of motor vehicles) don't fully understand LSVs. I gave up on Foremost, but got covereage from Progressive.

My coverage is $230 per year vs. the $83 that Foremost quoted me on-line. I will say that the amount of coverage from Progressive is for significantly higher limits than what Foremost quoted, I needed this higher coverage to avoid a gap with my personal liability coverage. Since I could not get Foremost to acknowledge that they insure these, I was never actually able to get an "apples to apples" price quote, but not willing to spend too much time to save less than $150.
farrbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #12
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

In Florida you have to have PIP coverage on the golf carts and thats just like a car insurance and I paid 136.00 a year from State Farm. Thats for 250/500 and thats not bad.
Mr Dills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

I live in Florida and I paid 136.00 per year, and got the PIP I needed.I got if from State farm.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

It's certainly confusing, and I learned more from the forum than anywhere else. My agent actually thanked me for teaching him something new. We argued that I was covered under the off-road policy, and eventually i was able to convince him that I was not. As with all of us of course, I hope I never have to use it!!!!!
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #15
moss9994
Not Yet Wild

Progressive told me they would not issue it, Foremost did.
I did have the feeling the particular people I dealt with at Progressive that day really did not understand what LSV/NEV's were.
moss9994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss9994 View Post
Progressive told me they would not issue it, Foremost did.
I did have the feeling the particular people I dealt with at Progressive that day really did not understand what LSV/NEV's were.
In Florida, (that's the only state I know about,) since PIP is required the only 2 insurance companies that agreed to insure my LSV, (THE RIGHT WAY,) was State Farm and Farmers. Geico, Progressive, etc. don't insure LSV's, only OFF Road Policies.

Here's the deal... If an Insurance company takes your money and says you're covered and you clobber someone on the road, and you don't have PIP and your policy says OFF ROAD, what do you think the outcome is going to be?

My Policy with State Farm having the best coverage I could purchase cost me this year $263... my OFF ROAD was $144... so for $118 difference for the REAL DEAL on roads 35 and under... No Brainer!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #17
moss9994
Not Yet Wild

Well I have PIP so I should be fine if I drive my LSV to Florida.
moss9994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #18
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Yes you will be fine if you have PIP on your golf cart, alot of people are riding LSV golf carts out there without the right insurance or no insurance and if they get in a accident or pulled over they will get a ticket. For 136.00 a year it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out, and like Scubbud says " its a no brainer.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
downtick
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by natvtxn27 View Post
I was quoted the off-road first, but when I clarified my request (i.e. not a golf cart) I received the right insurance. It states On-Road LSV.
I see that you are located in TX, and in that state Foremost has a specific program for LSVs. In many other states, they have only programs for offroad vehicles.

www.lsvinsurance.com
downtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #20
GeoJoe
Getting Wild

Star

Geico covers my Star Cart in GA for about $10/month. I had to have valid insurance to get the tag. In GA you also need an amber light permit.
GeoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin