lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
whitetailer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Tomberlin 2007 Emerge

Hey everyone, one of my friends fathers...has one for sale. I'm in the market for a cart where I can lift it and do a few things to it.

This is a 48V with 2 yr old batteries, runs great...has a few things wrong like the brakes dont work....rear lights and head lights dont work but blinkers do.

I've never heard of these being in the midwest...so I'm nervous about parts...and just trying to figure out if they are well built carts.

he's asking 1500...think I can get it for 800-900 but wanted to get some onions.

Please let me know if youd take another brand over this..
whitetailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Tomberlin 2007 Emerge

We are getting them all over the Midwest too now. With Columbia acquiring Tomberlin years ago, we have increased parts on hand both in Florida and our Wisconsin headquarters. You can always get tech support here, as well as through Columbia or Tomberlin direct.

When someone says brakes aren't working, I'm usually thinking it means no pedal push and the system needs bleeding. They aren't the most convenient to bleed, but doable at home.

It isn't as easy to lift as some others, but it also is doable. Sounds like pricing is pretty good, as long as those 2 year old batteries load test out okay and have been kept charged.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #3
whitetailer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you. Over on FB everyone says they are junk and to stay away. It's a good looking cart. I agree on the bleeding o found the procedure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
whitetailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

It's true that years ago the Tomberlins were known for getting parts so I won't sugar coat that. But it has changed as we keep the pipeline of parts going every single month now and keep increasing inventory. And there is always support available these days too. I have also been a Columbia person, so the Tomberlin was new to me a few years ago. I liked the looks and have to say the ride was quite better than the old ParCar.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:35 AM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

2007-2009 are prone to electrical gremlins that are very difficult to track down.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:11 PM   #6
Aka1ceman
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I made Tomberlin buy back my 2007 model and delivered me a brand new 2010 to my door due to an electrical Gremlin that we couldnt find. I threatened them with the existing state lemon law on normal autos, since they were DOT LSVs, and they took care of it.
Aka1ceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka1ceman View Post
Yes, I made Tomberlin buy back my 2007 model and delivered me a brand new 2010 to my door due to an electrical Gremlin that we couldnt find. I threatened them with the existing state lemon law on normal autos, since they were DOT LSVs, and they took care of it.

I have one in my shop the guy said "keep it"

I know another guy in my area has tore his apart and checked everything and it still does not run.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin