lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2022, 02:30 PM   #1
randyesters
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin Vanish creeps along

First, I apologize for this question. I suspect I will confirm people's opinion that I dont know what I am doing. I bought a 2011 Tomblin Vanish. It has new batteries but it goes about 1 mile per hour.

I have tried to trouble shoot it based on what I can find in this and other forums. The throttle sensor shows 12 volts on the red wire and 8 on the other. I saw that it should be 5 volts and vary from there..Is that correct? Could I assume the main controller is sending the wrong voltage?

I checked the voltage at the solenoid- it appears to be working properly- 6 volts on both legs when engaged.

This is the part that makes me question my sanity--the output leg on the last battery reads 80volts! IS that even possible???

I read in another post (Tomberlin Vanis Stutters) on this site about the bearing sensor in the motor. I completely unplugged it and it made no difference...the cart still goes, but slow slow.

I would bring it to a pro but there are none in my area. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
randyesters is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2022, 07:10 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Tomberlin Vanish creeps along

Bad news, there's no Vanish pros in any areas. The speed encoder (bearing sensor) has to send a signal to the controller so if you unplug it it's the same as it not working, no signal gets sent and it creeps along. It's like a car not starting because the battery is dead so to confirm it you unplug the battery cable and it still doesn't start.

That bearing, if bought from the OEM is way to pricey (list is $867.4. I had to sell OEM on my site so stopped even listing. You can get them as a generic for less than $100 out there.

https://www.nocoev.com/product/NSK_6206V.htm
NSK Sensor Bearing 6206V
Connector Option: AMP 4-Pin Connector
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tomberlin, vanish
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin