lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
Zaphod
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Run/Tow switch 2008 Tomberlin

Okay, this may seem like a silly question to those in the know, but I’m trying to troubleshoot a charging issue and I can’t seem to locate the ever important Run/Tow switch on my 2008 Tomberlin emerge 48SS. I just bought it and I don’t have a manual.

Hopefully I uploaded an image with this post, but I’m a bit of a newbie with this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F2CF8927-9524-4B8C-95AE-ABB881683FF0.jpg (21.7 KB, 0 views)
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2020, 04:26 PM   #2
BigScott
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Run/Tow switch 2008 Tomberlin

The run/tow switch should be sticking out the side of the black cover to the right of the run/tow sticker. Obviously its not looking at your picture. I would pull the black plastic cover off and see if the toggle switch is laying under the cover. My be the nut worked its way off the toggle switch and it fell back inside.
BigScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Here's a link to a free operator manual for you.

https://evtechnicalservices.com/onli...2007-2008-2009
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:48 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I dont think its a 2008 tomberlin, it has a Delta Q charger in it. Early cars had a stand alone charger.
Also, the car has 6 8 volts in it, and the configuration of how they are installed is incorrect. Not that it matters, but it does tell me the wrong hands have been in it.

Run tow switch may have been moved, seen that, they move it to the front left of the cart in the pocket where you can see the delta Q front board.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #5
Zaphod
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Thanks. I pulled the back panel off and thought I found the switch, but it was the Controller Switch, whatever that is.

Then I looked more closely and now I see the Run/Tow switch is right underneath that one. This Tomberlin is a whole new beast to me. There’s a lot more to learn, especially as I can’t find a manual anywhere.

Thanks for the help, I’m sure I’ll have more questions soon enough.
😎
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DF67E185-02BD-4A03-B0FC-62FE9347A776.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-03-2020, 12:01 PM   #6
Zaphod
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
Here's a link to a free operator manual for you.
Thanks a million!
Old 10-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Swiss cheese motor and 2 toggle switches, will make it an early car, I stand corrected.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #8
Zaphod
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I dont think its a 2008 tomberlin, it has a Delta Q charger in it. Early cars had a stand alone charger.
Also, the car has 6 8 volts in it, and the configuration of how they are installed is incorrect. Not that it matters, but it does tell me the wrong hands have been in it.

Run tow switch may have been moved, seen that, they move it to the front left of the cart in the pocket where you can see the delta Q front board.
Thanks for the info. I do believe it is a 2008 as that’s what is on the title and the previous owner’s registration. What is a Delta Q charger?

Yes, it has 6 8volt batteries instead of 8 6volt batteries. I wonder if that may have something to do with the carts limited range. The batteries load tested good but as this came from an estate sale I don’t know any history on it. I’ve still got a lot to learn. I bought this cart as I can legally register it here in Florida, but I’m still on the fence as to how much I like it. My Club Car had a better turning radius, smoother steering and had a smoother ride. It also had regenerative braking which I really miss.

Next up is figuring out the issue of intermittent brake lights and inoperative accessory outlet. Wish me luck!
Old 10-03-2020, 01:18 PM   #9
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

A Delta-Q charger is a programmable smart charger. Can be left plugged in all winter and every 30 days will kick in, test batteries and charge if needed. Programmable for about every battery manufacturer out there. A different program provides the various charge phases to start and stop throughout the cycle according to how the battery manufacturer recommends a cycle.

Columbia and Tomberlin have now switched over to the Lester smart charger though.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:48 PM   #10
Zaphod
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Support View Post
A Delta-Q charger is a programmable smart charger. Can be left plugged in all winter and every 30 days will kick in, test batteries and charge if needed. Programmable for about every battery manufacturer out there. A different program provides the various charge phases to start and stop throughout the cycle according to how the battery manufacturer recommends a cycle.

Columbia and Tomberlin have now switched over to the Lester smart charger though.
I have a Lester Smart Charger that I’ve been considering using instead of the current on-board charger. Do you think this would be a good or bad idea?
🤔

Tags
batteries, charger, run switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin